[comp.sys.handhelds] battery test HELP!!!

ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar) (04/15/91)

I think internet ate my last post, so I'll ask again.

I replaced my batteries on my 48 yesterday and I did an
ESD test immediately after replacing them.  I got this
on my display

ESD  210V  210V
     |     |

with the vertical lines three pixels away from being flush
with the 2's.

I have a brand new 128K ram card installed.

What does this display mean?  I have heard tell that the vertical
bars mean that there is something wrong.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks.

(BTW, I have a rev E, if that makes any difference.)

TDSTRONG%MTUS5.cts.mtu.edu@VM1.NoDak.EDU (Tim Strong) (04/15/91)

>I replaced my batteries on my 48 yesterday and I did an
>ESD test immediately after replacing them.  I got this
>on my display
>
>ESD  210V  210V
>     |     |

>with the vertical lines three pixels away from being flush
>with the 2's.
>
>I have a brand new 128K ram card installed.
>
>What does this display mean?  I have heard tell that the vertical
>bars mean that there is something wrong.

No need to panic.  Everything is fine.  The bars mean a low battery
condition exists.  A bar under the 2 means that port 2 has a low battery.
or in your case no battery cause theres no card.  The lack of a bar
under the 1 and 0 means the batteries in these ports are fine.

  ___
  I__)  _   _I  _   _   Tim Strong <TDSTRONG@MTUS5.cts.mtu.edu>
  I  \ (_I (_I (_I I    Michigan Tech.    Houghton, Michigan, U.S.A.

herman@corpane.uucp (Harry Herman) (04/16/91)

In <262611C6C0000E54@gacvx2.gac.edu> TDSTRONG%MTUS5.cts.mtu.edu@VM1.NoDak.EDU (Tim Strong) writes:

>>I replaced my batteries on my 48 yesterday and I did an
>>ESD test immediately after replacing them.  I got this
>>on my display
>>
>>ESD  210V  210V
>>     |     |

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "ESD" test, and how do you invoke
it?  I know it is reached from the On-D debug menu, but which key do
you press once in there?

				Harry Herman
				herman@ukma!corpane

rob@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Prior) (04/16/91)

ahernsd@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dynastar) writes:

> I replaced my batteries on my 48 yesterday and I did an
> ESD test immediately after replacing them.  I got this
> on my display
>
> ESD  210V  210V
>      |     |

> I have a brand new 128K ram card installed.

This display means that the batteries in port 2 are dead.  Since you have
nothing in port 2, that is OK.  When your ram card's batteries go low, you
will see a bar under the 1.  When the calculator's batteries go low you will
see a bar under the 0.  This also implies that your ram card is in port 1.

Rob

+------------
| rob@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca
| Rob Prior, President, Still Animation Logo Design
+------------------------------------------------------------

akcs.kevin@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Kevin Jessup) (04/18/91)

After hitting ON-D, hit MTH.  The 48 will beep (a method of
Hit ON to stop.  Then ON-C to return to normal.  The proceedure will
clear the stack and reset the flags.

jreeves@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Joe B Reeves) (04/18/91)

In article <280c8c0f:2781.2comp.sys.handhelds;1@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.kevin@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Kevin Jessup) writes:
>After hitting ON-D, hit MTH.  The 48 will beep (a method of
>Hit ON to stop.  Then ON-C to return to normal.  The proceedure will
>clear the stack and reset the flags.

I've noticed a lot of things can be done thru the ON-D Keystrokes.
Q: How many things CAN be found out about the system from this combination
of keys?

Just wanna know....

|Joe Reeves | The Ohio State University | jreeves@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu  |
|---Memo-to-myself.-Do-the-dumb-things-I-gotta-do.-Touch-the-puppet-head.----|
|    //               They Might Be Giants debut album.                      |

jcohen@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Josh Cohen [890918]) (04/19/91)

 The ESD test works like this..  the 210 mean ports 210 (0 = internal)
by having a bar under the two it means that there is no battery in port two.
try switching your cmt card to port two, then a bar will be under the
port one , progvided it is empty...
jcohen@scarecrow.csee.lehigh.edu