[comp.sys.handhelds] TDS RAM card for HP48SX

vlindsay@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Vernon K Lindsay) (04/21/91)

kenr@peabody.iusb.indiana.edu (Ken Rawlings) writes:
>However, there was a note posted a while back regarding 256K and 512K
>cards coming out.  Does anyone have any definite information, prices,
>and dates of avaliability for these cards?

I heard from Bernie Musch at TDS that they are announcing ram cards
for the HP48SX.  256K and 512K versions.  They use bankswitching to
beat the address limits of the HP48.  Utilities included to switch
banks in user code.  He was not clear about pricing.  Custom package,
no shutter.

Contact Bernie Musch or Steve Chou at:

	Tripod Data Systems
	P.O. Box 947
	Corvallis, Oregon 97339
	800-753-9322
	503-753-9322

Vern
--
"The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest will inherit a Universe."  A. Bond
GEnie: VKLINDSAY                                             vox: 503-758-5217

cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (James H. Cloos) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr20.220214.1702@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> vlindsay@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Vernon K Lindsay) writes:
>[etc.]
>I heard from Bernie Musch at TDS that they are announcing ram cards
>for the HP48SX.  256K and 512K versions.  They use bankswitching to
						   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>beat the address limits of the HP48.  Utilities included to switch
>banks in user code.  He was not clear about pricing.  Custom package,
>no shutter.
>[etc.]

I've been waiting for a bankswitched card since I first saw the
announcement of the 48, last year.  This one I cannot wait for....
(I only hope that I can afford one.)

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.		Phone:  +1 716 673-1250
cloos@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU		Snail:  PersonalZipCode:  14048-0772, USA