[comp.sys.handhelds] IR REmote

jcohen@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Josh Cohen [890918]) (04/23/91)

OK I give up, I am a moron.. I cant get STAR to run!! SOmeojne PLEAAAAASSSEE
help me before I kill someone....  I DOnt have Micro soft C, and when I tried
to compile it on a friends, the make file barfed... please help..
aybe someone could be so kind as to send me a premade exe file of the STAR
assembler!! (so that I may at least get jan's? IR read program running)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHELP ME PLEASE
Josh COhen
mailro
jcohen@scarecrow.csee.lehigh.edu

bson@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Jan Brittenson) (04/24/91)

In a posting of [23 Apr 91 01:12:48 GMT]
   jcohen@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Josh Cohen [890918]) writes:

 > I cant get STAR to run!!

   Assuming you're using MS-DOS, did you try to run STAR.EXE? You
don't have to recompile.

 > I DOnt have Micro soft C, and when I tried to compile it on a friends,
 > the make file barfed...

   Where did you get your copy from? Is there a STAR.EXE file? Is
there a COPYING file? If not, then other files may be missing as well,
which will indeed cause problems. In addition, You probably need MSC
5.0 or later.

   What version of STAR did you acquire? The version is in the first
line of README. Some low-numbered versions won't run on MS-DOS at all.

   To make sure you have the latest & greatest, check Wayne Scott's
mail server. For an introduction to it send the following message (no
Subject) to hp-mail-server@seq.uncwil.edu:

	send help

   It is also available by anonymous FTP from ftp.ai.mit.edu, in
``pub/star-1.04.4.tar.Z''. (ftp.ai.mit.edu is back on-line in case
anyone is wondering.)

 > get jan's? IR read program running

Not this Jan.

						-- Jan Brittenson