[comp.sys.handhelds] Wizard

kayvan@satyr.UUCP (Kayvan Sylvan) (04/19/91)

I posted a query about how to communicate with the Sharp Wizard
(OZ8000) recently.

Several people offered to email/post the communications spec for the
Sharp Wizard OZ8000 (one even referred to a C program they had).

I haven't seen anything yet and would love to see those specs.

Thanks!

			---Kayvan
--
| Kayvan Sylvan          Consulting/Training              879 Lewiston Drive |
| Sylvan Associates      Unix and Mac Programming         San Jose, CA 95136 |

fozzy@mips.bhpese.oz.au (Andrew Steele) (04/24/91)

kayvan@satyr.UUCP (Kayvan Sylvan) writes:

>I posted a query about how to communicate with the Sharp Wizard
>(OZ8000) recently.

>Several people offered to email/post the communications spec for the
>Sharp Wizard OZ8000 (one even referred to a C program they had).

>I haven't seen anything yet and would love to see those specs.

I was one who said I had the C program I sent a note off to the author
just to check that I was OK.  I hadn't heard back from him so I hadn't
posted the article.  Anyway I suppose by now it should be OK (I mean it was
originally posted here).  I'll put it in a separate post.

Sorry for not posting sooner but I thought I should check.
And, I must admit I did forget :-(.

--
Andrew STEELE            BHP Information Technology, Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
                         INTERNET: fozzy@bhpese.oz.au      PHONE: +61 49 402133

  "All that is required for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing"
--

chesley@goofy.apple.com (Harry Chesley) (04/25/91)

In article <KAYVAN.91Apr18164235@satyr.UUCP> kayvan@satyr.UUCP (Kayvan
Sylvan) writes:
> I posted a query about how to communicate with the Sharp Wizard
> (OZ8000) recently.
>
> Several people offered to email/post the communications spec for the
> Sharp Wizard OZ8000 (one even referred to a C program they had).
>
> I haven't seen anything yet and would love to see those specs.

I simply called Sharp and asked for the serial protocol for the 8000.
After a couple forward pointers to different people/departments, I got
someone at 201-529-8789 who said, "sure, what's your address?"

The document isn't exactly light reading, but if you know a little about
communications, it's pretty straightforward.

Less than a day later, I had a HyperCard stack that sucks in my schedule
(including notes I've added during meetings) and reformats it for pasting
into a MacWrite journal I keep.

mandel@vax.anes.tulane.edu (Jeff E Mandel MD MS) (04/25/91)

In article <13161@goofy.Apple.COM>, chesley@goofy.apple.com (Harry Chesley) writes:
>Less than a day later, I had a HyperCard stack that sucks in my schedule
>(including notes I've added during meetings) and reformats it for pasting
>into a MacWrite journal I keep.

I don't suppose you'd mind posting it somewhere. I was planning on doing
something in C++, but it is currently a low priority for me.

Jeff E Mandel MD MS
Asst. Professor of Anesthesiology
Tulane University School of Medicine
New Orleans, LA