[comp.sys.handhelds] WANTED! Manual for Radio Shack PC-2 Pocket computer

zark@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Steven M Kosloske) (04/30/91)

I have a Radio Shack PC-2 Pocket Computer I would like to get some items
for.  If anyone has one, and doesn't want it anymore, and would like
to make a few bucks, I am looking for RAM packs, (4K or 8K), the manual, or
a photocopy thereof, and the PC-2 book that they had out for it.

Thank you.

--
  (Steve Kosloske)                  |
------------------------------------| "No man's knowledge here can go

streeter@theory.lcs.mit.edu (Kenneth B Streeter) (04/30/91)

In article <11551@uwm.edu> zark@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Steven M Kosloske) writes:
>I have a Radio Shack PC-2 Pocket Computer I would like to get some items
>for.  If anyone has one, and doesn't want it anymore, and would like
>to make a few bucks, I am looking for RAM packs, (4K or 8K), the manual, or
>a photocopy thereof, and the PC-2 book that they had out for it.

I have a Sharp PC-1500, which, I am told, is essentially identical to
the PC-2.  I, too, would greatly appreciate any information anybody
has about it, like a technical reference manual...  Also, if anybody
has a printer/cassette interface for the Tandy PC-2/Sharp PC-1500, I
may be interesetd in buying it.

If anybody has specifications on the I/O port on the the PC-2/PC-1500,
and how it works, or information on "machine-language" programming for
the PC-2/PC-1500, I would greatly appreciate anything you could provide...

Steven,
  I would be willing to photocopy my PC-1500 manual for you.
Actually, I have two manuals for it: the instruction manual, and an
applications manual.  They're not short, however, 164 pages (8.5"x11")
for the instruction manual, and 214 pages for the applications manual.

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | ARPA: streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu
MIT LCS, Room NE43-350      | UUCP: ...!uunet!im.lcs.mit.edu!streeter

kitchen@beach.csulb.edu (Will Kitchen) (05/01/91)

I had a PC-2 and it is in fact identicle to the sharp 1500.  When I baught
mine Radio Shack included a 6 mo. free subscription to a mag. that they
produced.  I remember that they had one issue which dealt with assembly
language and included a list of opcodes.  Radio Shack also has some technical
reference books for the PC-2 and the cassette / printer interface.  The
cost of the books were approx. $16 I think.
   W. K.

akcs.davidmotto@hpcvbbs.UUCP (David G Motto) (05/02/91)

David Motto of Jackson Michigan: I find myself in the unenviable
position of being able to offer a cassette/printer for the PC2, and
possibly some technical info as well. I also have the Sharp 1500, and
a 4K and an 8K RAM module, and other neat stuff too. Call or write.
Phone # is (517) 783-1566 this week (Thru May 3), and daytime phone
is (517) 764-6400 Ext 465 Starting May 6th. I also have some other
junk: Panasonic RL-H1400 w/16K RAM and various modules, Casio FX-702P
and printer, TI 59 w/modules (no printer). I'll make up a list if
any one is interested.  David Motto  2754 Granada, Apt 2A, Jackson, MI
49202.