[comp.sys.handhelds] IR link stuff - HP48SX

sunyat@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Eric Hsiao) (05/02/91)

Hi, I heard there was two games out there, that'll let you play head to head
using the Infrared Link.  One was some tank game and the other was something
else I don't remember...anyone seen these games or know if they're up for FTP
somewhere?
   Also, anyone know if you can talk directly between two HP's using the
IR link, without going through Kermit and sending only variables & directories?
Like a Chat type terminal program that's full duplex (or even half duplex)?
                      Eric

--
| Internet: Eric_Hsiao@MTS.RPI.EDU > Read GIF News - a freely copied news  < |
|           sunyat@rpi.edu         > magazine in .GIF file format.  Color  < |

herman@corpane.uucp (Harry Herman) (05/03/91)

In <n=2gr!d@rpi.edu> sunyat@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Eric Hsiao) writes:

>Hi, I heard there was two games out there, that'll let you play head to head
>using the Infrared Link.  One was some tank game and the other was something
>else I don't remember...anyone seen these games or know if they're up for FTP
>somewhere?

I have seen ads in an EduCalc catalog for games like you describe.  I think
they are all on one 3.5" floppy, but I am at work, and the catalog is at
home, so I cannot swear to that.

>   Also, anyone know if you can talk directly between two HP's using the
>IR link, without going through Kermit and sending only variables & directories?
>Like a Chat type terminal program that's full duplex (or even half duplex)?
>                      Eric

I would imagine that you could.  There are commands in the I/O menu to send
and receive plain text, by which I mean non-Kermit encoded text.

>--
>| Internet: Eric_Hsiao@MTS.RPI.EDU > Read GIF News - a freely copied news  < |
>|           sunyat@rpi.edu         > magazine in .GIF file format.  Color  < |
>| Bitnet: userGJ8L@rpitsmts.bitnet > articles on reviews of programs,      < |
>| FTP to wuarchive "gn91-03.zip"   > games, industry news, IBM, Amiga, etc.< |

					Harry Herman
					herman@corpane

akcs.jwtrav@hpcvbbs.UUCP (John Wettroth) (05/05/91)

Eric, there are two terminal programs on the Edu-Calc goodies disks
(thanks Joe Horn). One tip is that the IR is strictly half duplex by
design (it sees its own transmissions). Good luck.

rrd@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (05/07/91)

In comp.sys.handhelds,  Eric Hsiao asks:

> Hi, I heard there was two games out there, that'll let you play head to head
> using the Infrared Link.  One was some tank game and the other was something
> else I don't remember...anyone seen these games or know if they're up for FTP
> somewhere?

There's a head-to-head checkers game in 'HP-48 Graphics'.  Call EduCalc or
check your college bookstore.

Regards
Ray Depew
HP ICBD -- IC's By Dictatorship