[comp.sys.handhelds] Portfolio Info Needed...

Renee@cup.portal.com (Renee Linda Roberts) (05/14/91)

I looking for the pin-outs for the RAMdrive and the bus connector. I also need
any known BIOS calls for the PF. (An important one especially is: Is INT 13
active for drive IO?)

Thanks!

-

ardai@bass.bu.edu (Michael Ardai) (05/16/91)

In article <42316@cup.portal.com> Renee@cup.portal.com (Renee Linda Roberts) writes:
>I looking for the pin-outs for the RAMdrive and the bus connector. I also need
>any known BIOS calls for the PF. (An important one especially is: Is INT 13
>active for drive IO?)
RAM port:  Pin 1 on right with fingers up and pointing towards you
1 A16
2 A15
3 (RAM) Vbb battery voltage (32k and 128k OTP) Vpp 12.5V PGM, 5V normally
  (64k OTP, ROM) NC
4 A12
5 A7
6 A6
7 A5
8 A4
9 A3
10 A2
11 A1
12 A0
13 D0
14 D1
15 D2
16 GND
17 D3
18 D4
19 D5
20 D6
21 D7
22 CE
23 A10
24 (64k OTP) OE/Vpp  (All others) OE
25 A11
26 A9
27 A8
28 A13
29 A14
30 (RAM) WE (128k OTP) PGM=0V (All others) NC
31 Vcc
32 CDET (Small pin connected to ground to detect presence of card)

Expansion: Pin 1 on top right looking into Pofo.  2 on bottom right.

ABUF	1	2	5VS
REDY	3	4	Vcc
BCOM	5	6	NCC1
NMD1	7	8	WAKE
DTR	9	10	DEN
PDET	11	12	IINT
CCLK	13	14	MRST
HLDA	15	16	HLDO
IACK	17	18	CDET
IO/M	19	20	A19
A18	21	22	A17
A16	23	24	A15
A14	25	26	A13
A12	27	28	A11
A10	29	30	A9
A8	31	32	VRAM
HLDI	33	34	ALE
GND	35	36	NMIO
OA7	37	38	OA6
OA5	39	40	OA4
OA3	41	42	OA2
OA1	43	44	OA0
AD0	45	46	AD1
AD2	47	48	AD3
AD4	49	50	AD5
AD6	51	52	AD7
EINT	53	54	NRDI
VEXT	55	56	EACK
BATD	57	58	NWRI
5VS	59	60	BBUF

BIOS: Pofo differences from PC:
09H (KBD) 10h (Video mode 07-0a, only text mode)
13h (Disk/ram card 00 - 05 and 83) 15h (extended, not supported)
16h (KBD service 0,1,2,4) 18h (BASIC not supported) 1A (clock 00 - 07)
1ch (timer, less frequent than on PC) 61h (Pofo specific)

I would highly recommend getting the Pofo Technical Reference Guide from
Atari if you plan to do any real hacking on it.  Good luck.
/mike

--
\|/ Michael L. Ardai  N1IST    Teradyne EDA East