[comp.sys.handhelds] RFD: comp.sys.handhelds.hp48Message-ID: <1991May17.083554.21693@tippy>

tyg@tippy (05/17/91)

In <4854@ryn.mro4.dec.com>, taber@ultnix.enet.dec.com (Patrick St. Joseph Teahan Taber) writes:
> In article <91136.002153LEIF@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU>,
> LEIF@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU writes:
> |> [...]I think the majority (but not all) of the conflict in this
> |>group is between the portfolio/wizard/poquet/etc... enthusiasts and
> |>the
> |>hp48 enthusiasts.  I think that the hp48; however, has many things in
> |>common
> |>with the other HP model handheld calculators.  I support the split:
> |>
> |>comp.sys.palmtops
> |>comp.sys.calculators
> |>
> [..]

This split sounds much more reasonable than the previous proposal.
We then could let each group expand as/when it felt the need to.

I would like to know the difference between a "handheld" and a
"calculator" though.  Would it perhaps be worthwhile to add
one additional group:
      comp.sys.organizers

Whatever the outcome of the vote, I hope the mailing list will
remain in service, particularly for my favorite machine: HP48.
For, at the end of this month, my only access will be through
the mailing list.

tyg@tippy.cs.purdue.edu

--

chris@itc.univie.ac.at (Christian Forst) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May17.083619.23917@tippy> tyg@tippy writes:
>In <4854@ryn.mro4.dec.com>, taber@ultnix.enet.dec.com (Patrick St. Joseph Teahan Taber) writes:

>> [..]
>>

>This split sounds much more reasonable than the previous proposal.
>We then could let each group expand as/when it felt the need to.

I vote for this split too. (Supporting the HP48SX of course :)

		Christian

| Christian Forst                       |                                    |
|                                       | Phone: +43-1-43-61-41-70           |
| gargl, wonz, bazong, zawapp, gurp,    | Fax:   +43-1-40-28-525             |
| schwuppdi, bla, bingo, murx, boink,   | Email: chris@itc.univie.ac.at      |
| zappadong, hau wech, knurps, ...      |        a8443gae@vm.univie.ac.at    |
|                                       |        A8443GAE@AWIUNI11.BITNET    |
| No more comments on Disclaimers ...   |                                    |