[comp.sys.handhelds] Newcomer to Memory cards for 48sx

jefft@panix.uucp (Jeff Tarr) (05/20/91)

I recently purchased a 48sx, and love it!  As most programmers, I have become
intimate with "Insufficient Memory" errors.  I was planning on buying the
128K card from HP, but from reading this feed, it seems that there are other
options available.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  What's this
about a Smith Corona memory card?

Thanks in advance...
--
---

Jeff Tarr, Jr.
Sysop:  AppleSauce BBS - 212/721-4122  Apple II and Macintosh Support.

woan@exeter.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S Woan) (05/20/91)

In article <1991May19.194309.3398@panix.uucp> jefft@panix.uucp (Jeff Tarr) writes:
>I recently purchased a 48sx, and love it!  As most programmers, I
>have become intimate with "Insufficient Memory" errors.  I was
>planning on buying the 128K card from HP, but from reading this feed,
>it seems that there are other options available.  Can someone point
>me in the right direction?  What's this about a Smith Corona memory
>card?

You might consider the CMT 128K card being sold by EduCalc for $109
plus shipping. The Smith Coronas are 32K and you run the risk of
frying your machine when batteries get low according to the FAQ and
other postings in this newsgroup...

+ Ronald S. Woan                woan@cactus.org or woan@austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +