						Yeah		Zoom->

HCLIMER%UTCVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Harold Climer) (05/23/91)

On Wed, 22 May 1991 19:35 CST you said:
>Subject: The Split
>From: catto@vivaldi.ecn.purdue.edu (Erin S Catto)
>Date: 22 May 91 02:43:57 GMT
>
>		comp.sys.splitdebate
>

>                            Yeah !
                                                       ZOOM !
I agree;this is getting old and doesn't seem to be making much progress. If
this is a debate it sure has little resemblance to what I participated in when
I was on the Debating Team in High School. What we need is a judge to determine
if the for 48 group proposal wins or loses. Voting didn't seem to solve the
question the last time.
        Are there criteria as far as message traffic etc that have been used
in the past to split up groups? If so,why not apply them to this problem.
        It seems to me that most of the suggestions so far have been based
more on personal opinion than upon logical arguments.
        If this is not true (in anyones estimation) post your suggestions
in a logial format. ie Suggestions for group name and your "logical" reason
for this particular name.

      My logical reason for csh.hpcal is that contrary to some peoples opinions
some of the HP calculators are related especially the 28 & the 48.
      Also many people still use older HP calculators even after the buy the
new "HOT" ones.    I still use my 41CV because of all the software I have for
it. It is still eaiser to use it in some cases than to write my own for the 48.

                                              Harold Climer
                                              Physics Department
                                              U. Tennessee at Chattanooga

   C3P0 : " He does make mistakes ; from time to time"

akcs.jrchaffer@hpcvbbs.UUCP (J. Richard Chaffer) (05/23/91)

great.
enuf already