[comp.sys.handhelds] Self-tests 'n things

fmgst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Filip M Gieszczykiewicz) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May21.150027.5596@panix.uucp> jhawk@panix.uucp (John Hawkinson) writes:
>'Couple 'f questions for all you 48 people:
>	2) After going into self-test mode (ON-D-ON) and pressing the DROP/CLR
>		key, it goes into a mode which presumably displays whats at
>		that specific address. However, EVAL appears to execute the
>		code there, and ENTER seems to modify it, but doesn't seem to
>		have a lasting effect. Also, pressing A repeatedly after ENTER

	Greetings. Could you people give at least a warning that doing the
	above requires the RESET. I, like any good hacker, tried this on
	my Rev A 48SX.... Then I pressed DROP/CLEAR and it started beeping
	and flashing the display - I nearly dropped it ;-)

	Another thing, one that worries me, after going through the RAM0
	and RAM1 tests, my HP reports a "FAIL 00180"... hmmm... is this
	something to worry about or is this normal (hey, you never know)

	(by the way, I just got this HP a few weeks ago and have used it
	a little)

	(I think anyone who posts stuff like above either needs a
	disclaimer or instructions on how to reset the calculator -
	in their signature ... :-)

>John Hawkinson
>jhawk@panix.uucp

	Take care.

	P.S. Can the same schematic be used for the 48SX as for the
	printer port for a 28S? I have a simple file that uses the
	RatShack IR module and some C source... can I still use it?
"The Force will be with you, always." It _is_ with me and has been for 11 years
Filip Gieszczykiewicz  "... a Jedi does it with a mind trick... " ;-)
FMGST@PITTVMS  or  fmgst@unix.cis.pitt.edu "My ideas. ALL MINE!!"