[comp.sys.handhelds] HP28S -> HP48SX : is it possible?

gt5223b@prism.gatech.EDU (Doug Berkland) (05/24/91)

I have just recently upgraded to a HP48SX.
I still have lots of data stored on my HP28S that I would like to move.

Is there a way to transmit from one to the other?
I would really hate to lose all the data I have stored.
--
Doug Berkland  Internet: gt5223b@hydra.gatech.edu   Phone: (404)676-9068
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta GA 30332  <Electrical Engineer>

mueller@schaefer.math.wisc.edu (Carl Mueller) (05/24/91)

In article <29764@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt5223b@prism.gatech.EDU (Doug Berkland) writes:
>I have just recently upgraded to a HP48SX.
>I still have lots of data stored on my HP28S that I would like to move.
>
>Is there a way to transmit from one to the other?
>I would really hate to lose all the data I have stored.
>--
>Doug Berkland  Internet: gt5223b@hydra.gatech.edu   Phone: (404)676-9068
>Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta GA 30332  <Electrical Engineer>
>"There is a time for everything...a time to be born and a time to die..."
>                                                           -- Ecc 3:1-2

There is a program for the HP48 called INPRT (I think) which will allow
you to point the 28 at the 48 and send the info.  You tell the 28 to send
stuff to the printer and the 48 intercepts it.  I'm sure others will know
where you can get this program ... I believe it comes with the interface
kits.

Carl Mueller(mueller@math.wisc.edu)

janl@ifi.uio.no (Jan Nicolai Langfeldt) (05/25/91)

There is a program named INPRT which is freely available.

This is from the DOC:
--------------------
OVERVIEW
--------

The INPRT application reads infrared (IR) printer output from different
Hewlett-Packard calculators into the HP 48 stack.  INPRT assumes that the
incoming bytes would print with the Roman 8 character set on an HP 82240
printer, and it remaps these bytes to the HP 48 character set (ISO 8859
Latin 1).

It's available with ftp from hpcvbbs.cv.hp.com (pub directory, inprt and
inprt.txt) Wayne's mail server (binaries/inprt.tar.Z) (see previous postings
for access details, or mail me) or from me.

gt5223b@prism.gatech.EDU (Doug Berkland) (05/26/91)

Thanks to all the people who responded to my previous post...

In summary, it is possible, using INPRT available by anonymous ftp
from hpcvbbs.cv.hp.com.  Anyone interested in this, who does not have ftp
can e-mail me for the program.