[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48sx Variable Name/Problem

jefft@panix.uucp (Jeff Tarr) (05/30/91)

I recently obtained Tetris for my 48sx, and transferred it using Kermit as
"TETRIS.48".  Now, though, it seems that the 48sx does not like the '.' in
the variable name, and refuses to let me rename/delete/edit it.

Can someone give me some hints as to what I should do?  I don't really feel
like purging the entire memory and restoring the files. (Which is what I'm on
the verge of doing!).

--Jeff
--
---

Jeff Tarr, Jr.
Sysop:  AppleSauce BBS - 212/721-4122  Apple II and Macintosh Support.

d89-mlt@sm.luth.se (Morgan Lindqvist) (05/30/91)

jefft@panix.uucp (Jeff Tarr) writes:

>I recently obtained Tetris for my 48sx, and transferred it using Kermit as
>"TETRIS.48".  Now, though, it seems that the 48sx does not like the '.' in
>the variable name, and refuses to let me rename/delete/edit it.

You have probably flag -51 SET (Fraction mark). If you clear the flag it
should work fine (I hope)

Morgan Lindqvist d89-mlt@sigma.sm.luth.se

egraeler@uceng.UC.EDU (Eric S Graeler) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May29.210148.26801@panix.uucp>, jefft@panix.uucp (Jeff Tarr) writes:
> I recently obtained Tetris for my 48sx, and transferred it using Kermit as
> "TETRIS.48".  Now, though, it seems that the 48sx does not like the '.' in
> the variable name, and refuses to let me rename/delete/edit it.

  I transferred the program the same way and I had no problems deleting it.
If you did the same thing I did "TETRIS.48" should be a directory.  Try this.

First press the " ' " so that you get

3:
2:
1:
''

Then press the soft key that has "TETRIS.48" and the press enter

You should now have

4:
3:
2:
1:'TETRIS.48'

Then press Left-Shift(Orange)-VAR(Memory) so you get the memory menu.
Then press NXT NXT.
The fifth soft key over, (E) will have 'PGDIR'
Press that and it should remove "TETRIS.48"

Note if you want to rename a directory you can recall a directory as an object
by put it on the stack by first putting is name 'TETRIS.48' on the stack and
then pressing Right-Shift(BLUE) and STO(RCL).  The stack object will have DIR...

You can then store it under a new name say 'TETRIS'. <- Put than on the stack
so that it will now be item 1, and the directory object will be item 2.  Press
STO and now it is stored.  You can then delete the old directory by the above
procedure.  Hope this helps.

					Eric Graeler
					egraeler@uceng.uc.edu