[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48's, Agenda and the Z88

Greg Newton-Ingham (05/21/91)

I have been reading this group for sometime now and have seen no mention of
some of the machines I have, particularly the Microwriter Agenda and the
Sinclair Z88.

I would like to ask a few questions ?

1.	Are there any archives of software for either of these machines on the Net ?
Are people interested in the spec of these machines (both British) ?

2. What is so the spec of the HP48 that everybody seems to be chating about ?

3. As far your concerned what is currently the best handheld and why ?
   (mail the reply to 2 and/or 3 directly to me).

If I get enough information I will summarise to the Net when time permits with
a list machines their spec and a league table of voting.

thanks, Greg Newton-Ingham

Greg@sys.uea.ac.uk

#include <usual disclaimers>

gingell@aurs01.UUCP (Mike Gingell) (05/22/91)

Greg Newton-Ingham asks about the z88:

While I don't have a Z88 I did run across the following:

Send mail to: archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
with the message "help" for information. On that machine there
is a z88 archive. The help reply will give you instructions.
Specifically for the z88 send "index z88"

 z88/Index
 -------------------- cut here --------------------
games:
yahtz88.doc kingdom.bas yahtz88.bas catapill.bas bomber.bas wizard.doc
wizard.cli maxit.cli z88tools.cli

graphics for basic:
patch2.doc patch2.bas star.bas patchdem.bas sound2.bas sound.doc
graphall.bas house.bas patpcw.inf pat2pcw.bas

info:
fido.msg spelmstr.doc sharps.doc openup.doc cable.doc basic.doc z88.bbs
uk.bbs z88-dos.doc prthex.doc makechar.doc linegrph.doc keycode.doc

util:
z88zfu.pd z88zfu.bas romdp5.cli epload.cli epload.bas ep-cat.bas
crdfil.inf tabflt.cli crdfil.bas crdfil.doc fadder.cli sender.cli
romdmp.doc addlf.cli llist.cli filcmp.cli epcat.cli disz88.doc
disz88.bas outline.pd template.otl decide.cli finance.cli z88com.zoo

I hope this helps.

Mike Gingell, Alcatel, Raleigh, NC USA  (919) 850-6444
UUCP:       ...!mcnc!aurgate!aurfs1!gingell
Internet:   gingell%aurfs1%aurgate@mcnc.org

BUBOO@livid.uib.no (05/31/91)

I have been reading this group for sometime now and have seen no mention of
some of the machines I have, particularly the Microwriter Agenda and the
Sinclair Z88.

I would like to ask a few questions ?

1.Are there any archives of software for either of these machines on the Net ?
Are people interested in the spec of these machines (both British) ?

2. What is so the spec of the HP48 that everybody seems to be chating about ?

3. As far your concerned what is currently the best handheld and why ?
   (mail the reply to 2 and/or 3 directly to me).

If I get enough information I will summarise to the Net when time permits with
a list machines their spec and a league table of voting.

thanks, Greg Newton-Ingham

Greg@sys.uea.ac.uk

#include <usual disclaimers>

    SOrry for including the whole message...
    There is an archie for Z88 at nic.funet.fi I think.