[comp.sys.handhelds] SCHIP problems

mvh@lysator.liu.se (Martin V. Howard) (05/31/91)

Could someone please email me (or post if this has happened to many) a
copy of Super-Chip48 as the one I pulled off this news group gives the
result "Invalid string" when I try to unASC it.

Please email me an ASC encoded version of the latest executables.

Thanks.	/mvH

--
Programming isn't a science,        | Foo:    mvh@lysator.liu.se
it's an art.                        | Bar:    d89marho@odalix.ida.liu.se

rob@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Rob Prior) (05/31/91)

dohm@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Peter J Dohm) writes:

> The latest version of SuperChip has been giving people some significant
> problems when they try to asc-> it.  It's really quite a simple fix,
> as I'll explain...
>
> Simply get yourself a good text editor, ( emacs!!!) and before downloading it
> to the 48, delete ONE space off the end of each one of the lines of encoded
> text.  These extra spaces are screwing asc-> up, and thats the only problem.
> It's as simple as that.

Or run it through ASC2BIN.exe and it will convert properly.  I tried
twice to U/L it to my 48sx and use ASC-> there, and then in a last
attempt I tried ASC2BIN.  Worked like a charm... ;)

Rob
.

+------------
| rob@ireta.cynic.wimsey.bc.ca
| Rob Prior, President, Still Animation Logo Design
+------------------------------------------------------------

dohm@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Peter J Dohm) (06/01/91)

Hi all...

I'm going to post this for ALL to see...

The latest version of SuperChip has been giving people some significant
problems when they try to asc-> it.  It's really quite a simple fix,
as I'll explain...

Simply get yourself a good text editor, ( emacs!!!) and before downloading it
to the 48, delete ONE space off the end of each one of the lines of encoded
text.  These extra spaces are screwing asc-> up, and thats the only problem.
It's as simple as that.

Peter J. Dohm
dohm@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu