[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48 IR Universal Remote Control

akcs.Guest_@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Jeff) (06/04/91)

A couple of monthes ago there was a big discussion about using the HP48
as a universal remote control.  Has anyone had any success with writing a
program to do this?  Please let us know.  Thank-you!

elliott@veronica.cs.wisc.edu (James Elliott) (06/05/91)

In <284bb02a:3356comp.sys.handhelds@hpcvbbs.UUCP> akcs.Guest_@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Jeff) writes:

>A couple of monthes ago there was a big discussion about using the HP48
>as a universal remote control.  Has anyone had any success with writing a
>program to do this?  Please let us know.  Thank-you!

I've made some progress. One of my colleagues gave me a set of
articles describing the way that such universal remotes work, and the
timing requirements. Since I am such a novice to HP48 programming, I
will need the help of some of the ML gurus in order to get this
working. I suspect the best plan for now will be for me to summarize
the relevant portions of the articles to this group so everyone who is
interested can mull them over.
--
Jim Elliott		      "Like a bridge he'll come between us, not a wall"
elliott@veronica.cs.wisc.edu