		Connectivity Pack:	$79.95

kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) (04/24/91)

In article <ARNAUD.91Apr23170013@schizo.Samsung.com> arnaud@schizo.Samsung.com (Alain Arnaud) writes:
>	Educalc prices for Jaguar (HP95LX):
>		HP95 LX:		$559.95

ElecTek is selling the 95 for $505.

Michael

--
Michael Kaufman | I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on
 kaufman        | fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in
  @eecs.nwu.edu | the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be

latenser@hoss.unl.edu (Dan Latenser) (04/25/91)

In <ARNAUD.91Apr23170013@schizo.Samsung.com> arnaud@schizo.Samsung.com (Alain Arnaud) writes:

>	Educalc prices for Jaguar (HP95LX):
>
>		HP95 LX:		$559.95
>		128K RAM:		$159.95
>		512K RAM:		$319.95
>		Connectivity Pack:	$79.95

Try elec-tek instead
		HP95 LX		$499.00  	- not available until mid-June

arnaud@schizo.Samsung.com (Alain Arnaud) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.174202.13435@unlinfo.unl.edu> latenser@hoss.unl.edu (Dan Latenser) writes:

!> In <ARNAUD.91Apr23170013@schizo.Samsung.com> arnaud@schizo.Samsung.com (Alain Arnaud) writes:
!>
!>
!> >	Educalc prices for Jaguar (HP95LX):
!> >
!> >		HP95 LX:		$559.95
!> >		128K RAM:		$159.95
!> >		512K RAM:		$319.95
!> >		Connectivity Pack:	$79.95
!>
!> Try elec-tek instead
!> 		HP95 LX		$499.00  	- not available until mid-June

	Educalc will ship next week!

ric@netcom.COM (Richard Bretscheider) (05/22/91)

What is the best price anyone has been quoted on the HP95LX.
I guess I best say, what's the best price anyone's been able
to actually acquire one, as they seem to be pretty scarce.
A couple of weeks ago someone said a company called Electek
was quoting $505.  I have not been able to find this company.

Also, what do HP employees pay?  Yes, I _am_ that nosey.

Post here as I am sure many others are interested.  Also interested
in prices for the 128 & 512k cards, as well as cable and connectivity
package.

Yes, that $500 - 700 is burning a real big hole in my pockets and
I'm tired of changing pants.

--

"If you're not going to kill me, I've got things to do."
Ric Bretschneider

"Michael Graff" <graff@mlpvm2.vnet.ibm.com> (05/22/91)

Here's some of the latest info I have, collected from here and
from the HP forum on CompuServe:

   Elek-Tek (Illinois)
   800-395-1000
   708-677-7660
      HP 95LX           $509
      Connectivity pack  $75
   Availability:  scarce.  They're on allocation.  They're getting
   some in mid-June which will fill some of their back orders.
   They'll continue to trickle in through July.

   EduCalc (California)
   800-677-7001
   714-582-2637
      HP 95LX           $560
      Connectivity pack  $80
      128K memory card  $160
      512K memory card  $320
   Availability:  scarce.  I assume they're on a similar allocation
   scheme to Elek-Tek's.

   CompuAdd (Texas)
   800-627-1967
      HP 95LX           $599
   Availability:  They had some in stock on May 14, not sure about now.

   Service Merchandise (nationwide)
      HP 95LX           $590
   Availability:  Each store got a few.  This may be your best bet
   if you want one now.

Michael Graff <graff@mlpvm2.vnet.ibm.com> (05/22/91)

Followup on Service Merchandise:

It seems that they have decided to remove the 95LX from their retail
stores for the time being and offer them through mail order only.  If
you act fast, you may find a store that still has a few left.
Otherwise, call 800-251-1212.  They do have them in stock, price is
$599, shipping takes 7-10 days.  (I suppose you could pay extra for
faster shipping.)  Add local sales tax.  Accessories expected to be in
stock in a couple weeks.

CompuAdd:

Out of stock right now, more expected in about two weeks.

...Michael

dlj@hpfcdc.HP.COM (David Jobusch) (05/22/91)

/ hpfcdc:comp.sys.handhelds / ric@netcom.COM (Richard Bretscheider) /  3:02 pm  May 21, 1991 /

>What is the best price anyone has been quoted on the HP95LX.
>I guess I best say, what's the best price anyone's been able
>to actually acquire one, as they seem to be pretty scarce.
>A couple of weeks ago someone said a company called Electek
>was quoting $505.  I have not been able to find this company.

	I was told by a friend at work who checked into EduCalc
	that they had them for <$500.

>Also, what do HP employees pay?  Yes, I _am_ that nosey.

	$595.00. You d*mn real customers are buying so many 95's,
	that they won't be available for "employee purchase" for
	quite some time. :-) :-) :-)

>Ric Bretschneider

         ___
        /  /          Dave Jobusch
HEWLETT/hp/PACKARD    OSSD/UDL Workstation Kernel
      /__/            dlj@hpfcls.fc.hp.com
 Fort Collins, CO     T-229-6637

dlj@hpfcdc.HP.COM (David Jobusch) (05/22/91)

>	$595.00.

	Ooops. I meant whatever list price is.

         ___
----------

bes@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Brad Stallsmith) (05/23/91)

> A couple of weeks ago someone said a company called Electek
> was quoting $505.  I have not been able to find this company.

Can someone please post a phone number and/or address for Electek.
I too have not been able to find this company.

>	I was told by a friend at work who checked into EduCalc
>	that they had them for <$500.

Well I just called Educalc (1-800-677-7001) and they quoted me
$559.95 with a 4-7 week delivery!

> >Also, what do HP employees pay?  Yes, I _am_ that nosey.
>
> 	$595.00. You d*mn real customers are buying so many 95's,
> 	that they won't be available for "employee purchase" for
> 	quite some time. :-) :-) :-)
>
>	Ooops. I meant whatever list price is.

Ditto.  :-)

Brad Stallsmith
HP employee and a "real" customer!

ric@netcom.COM (Richard Bretscheider) (05/25/91)

dlj@hpfcdc.HP.COM (David Jobusch) writes:

>/ hpfcdc:comp.sys.handhelds / ric@netcom.COM (Richard Bretscheider) /  3:02 pm  May 21, 1991 /

>>Also, what do HP employees pay?  Yes, I _am_ that nosey.
>>

>	$595.00. You d*mn real customers are buying so many 95's,
>	that they won't be available for "employee purchase" for
>	quite some time. :-) :-) :-)

Huh?  If the street price (via 800 Lane and Discount Ave.) is
somewhere between $500 and $550, what is the incentive to wait
and buy it at the company store?  Do you get financing, mileage
credit, or green stamps?

I warned you I was nosey.

--

dlj@hpfcdc.HP.COM (David Jobusch) (05/28/91)

>>	$595.00. You d*mn real customers are buying so many 95's,
>>	that they won't be available for "employee purchase" for
>>	quite some time. :-) :-) :-)
>
>Huh?  If the street price (via 800 Lane and Discount Ave.) is
>somewhere between $500 and $550, what is the incentive to wait
>and buy it at the company store?  Do you get financing, mileage
>credit, or green stamps?
>
>I warned you I was nosey.

	OK Nosey :-)

	Fact is, they aren't available internally at all (yet). We're
	all buying them like everyone else is (trying to):
	wherever you can find them.

	And they cancelled the green stamps.

         ___

loftis@hpcmm7.HP.COM (kirk loftis) (05/31/91)

| >>Also, what do HP employees pay?  Yes, I _am_ that nosey.
| >>

| >	$595.00. You d*mn real customers are buying so many 95's,
| >	that they won't be available for "employee purchase" for
| >	quite some time. :-) :-) :-)
|
| Huh?  If the street price (via 800 Lane and Discount Ave.) is
| somewhere between $500 and $550, what is the incentive to wait
| and buy it at the company store?  Do you get financing, mileage
| credit, or green stamps?
|
| I warned you I was nosey.
| Ric Bretschneider
----------

	Hello Ric,

	It might be hard to believe, but the company (HP) really does
not give us a great deal on purchases of PC or calculators (through the
employee purchase program).  When people ask me to get them a
calculator, I inform them that they can do just about as well at a
discount store and it will be brand new (Employee purchases might be
refurbished units - yes even the new products {they take the prototypes
and repackage them and sell them internally or to employees}).

	This actually happenned.  On internal purchases, the orders are
placed at the lowest priority (yup, you customers will often get the
products and use them months before we can even get one).  At this one
site, they went out and purchased the unit from a store because they
could not wait for the internal shipments.  Not much of an incentive to
wait.

	Kirk

ram@tellabs.com (Bob Martin) (06/01/91)

In article <16160002@hpcmm7.HP.COM> loftis@hpcmm7.HP.COM (kirk loftis) writes:
>| >	$595.00. You d*mn real customers are buying so many 95's,
>| Huh?  If the street price (via 800 Lane and Discount Ave.) is
>| somewhere between $500 and $550, what is the incentive to wait
>| and buy it at the company store?  Do you get financing, mileage
>	It might be hard to believe, but the company (HP) really does
>not give us a great deal on purchases of PC or calculators (through the
>employee purchase program).  When people ask me to get them a
>discount store and it will be brand new (Employee purchases might be
>refurbished units - yes even the new products {they take the prototypes
>and repackage them and sell them internally or to employees}).

Well, I don't know what division you work for, but my roommate got his 48SX
and 128K memory card for HALF list price (better than Educalc or ElekTek)
from his cousin (HP employee) and they were both definitely new when he got
them!  Other HP employees that I know have also told me the internal price
is 1/2 list.  I can see why availability might be limited right now, but
the prices are definitely right!

Bob
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bob Martin		|  ram@tellabs.com	...!uunet!tellab5!ram
Tellabs, Inc.		|
Lisle, IL.  60532	|
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

gary@hpfcbig.SDE.HP.COM (Gary Thunquest) (06/04/91)

>>| Huh?  If the street price (via 800 Lane and Discount Ave.) is
>>| somewhere between $500 and $550, what is the incentive to wait
>>| and buy it at the company store?  Do you get financing, mileage
>>	It might be hard to believe, but the company (HP) really does
>>not give us a great deal on purchases of PC or calculators (through the
>>employee purchase program).  When people ask me to get them a
>>discount store and it will be brand new (Employee purchases might be
>>refurbished units - yes even the new products {they take the prototypes
>>and repackage them and sell them internally or to employees}).
>
>Well, I don't know what division you work for, but my roommate got his 48SX
>and 128K memory card for HALF list price (better than Educalc or ElekTek)
>from his cousin (HP employee) and they were both definitely new when he got
>them!  Other HP employees that I know have also told me the internal price
>is 1/2 list.  I can see why availability might be limited right now, but
>the prices are definitely right!

You've missunderstood:  $595 is our price because that's the best price
available outside that is *actually* shipping (or at least it was at the time).

In general, employee price on hardware is discounted 47%, but some of the
calculators have a smaller discount.  I have not seen what the employee price
for the 95LX is, but since it probably has some royalties paid to Lotus, I
would expect it's discount to be less (usually 47% discount is on the HP
developed portion only).  I am just speculating though!  Also, buying
internally means I *may* get a refurbished unit.  It depends what's on hand.

But, all of this is academic right now.  When I tried to check into buying
a 95LX internally, they laughed!  I think it's going to be a while, and
everyone here who really wants one is ordering from the standard mail order
places.

gary

#include <standard_I_do_not_speak_for_HP_disclaimer>

scott@hpcvca.CV.HP.COM (Scott Linn) (06/04/91)

/ hpcvca:comp.sys.handhelds / ram@tellabs.com (Bob Martin) /  9:45 am  Jun  1, 1991 /

>Well, I don't know what division you work for, but my roommate got his 48SX
>and 128K memory card for HALF list price (better than Educalc or ElekTek)

HP's internal discounts are the same company-wide.  It is not 50% for
calculators (it used to be 50%, now it's less).     :-(

Scott Linn

loftis@hpcmm7.HP.COM (kirk loftis) (06/07/91)

| Well, I don't know what division you work for, but my roommate got his 48SX
| and 128K memory card for HALF list price (better than Educalc or ElekTek)
| from his cousin (HP employee) and they were both definitely new when he got
| them!  Other HP employees that I know have also told me the internal price
| is 1/2 list.  I can see why availability might be limited right now, but
| the prices are definitely right!
| Bob Martin		|  ram@tellabs.com	...!uunet!tellab5!ram

	Hello Bob,

	Most customers do not pay list.  I just called Fry's Electronics
on some printers for prices.  They sell a IIID for 2495, while list is
3495.  The prices at Frys really are discounted very well (39% compared
to our 47%).  Yes we do get it cheaper, but not that much from what you
can get it.  That was my point.  Our discounts are based on list, but no
one pays that price.

	Kirk