[comp.sys.handhelds] New Stuff On Compuserve

gingell@aurs01.uucp (Mike Gingell) (06/08/91)

Following is a list of items I got from Compuserve.  These don't
seem to have been on the net - or did I miss them somehow.  Also
I don't think they are in Waynes server.  They are all relatively
new - having been posted in the last month.  I could post them to
the net if there are no funny COmpuserve objections.  Mind you, looking
at the files on Compuserve, the majority are attributed as having come
from the net. - AND they have the gall to Copyright their collections.

GROB2DRW, DRW2GROB Utilities

    Two programs with C-source code. These programs serve as pre and post
    processors for DRAW48.EXE (by Preston Brown, avail in DL13). Now you can
    start a free-hand GROB on the HP48, port it to your MS-DOS computer. Use
    DRAW48 to refine it and *COMPILE* the source code to a GROB *on the PC*
    Requires MS-DOS Ser Interface Kit.

HP48S/SX RLE image viewer & decoder.

    This is an RLE image viewer/decoder for the HP-48 family of calculators.
    Both high and medium res images are supported.  A sample image is included.

Review of Sparcom's Mech. Eng. Ref. card for HP48

    Brief review of Sparcom's Mechanical Engineering reference card for the
    HP48SX calculator.

Sky: The Pocket Planetarium for the HP48SX

    Sky is a new planetarium program for all HP48 calculators with at least 10K
    to spare. Designed for naked eye observers, the program produces a graphic
    display of the heavens. You also get the numbers, in a clear, useful
    format. This file contains two directories: Sky, (6578.5 bytes) & Skys,
    (9548 bytes) and a text file: Sky.doc, which includes step by step
    instructions for using the program and more.

Financial calculator program for HP-48

    "FIN" is a financial program for calculating the standard five financial
    variables (N, I, PV, PMT, & FV) using the SOLVE feature of the HP48. Two
    additional variables allow the user to specify the compound frequency (CF)
    and the paymen frequency (PF).

Mike Gingell, Raleigh, NC USA  (919) 850-6444
UUCP:       ...!mcnc!aurgate!aurfs1!gingell
Internet:   gingell%aurfs1%aurgate@mcnc.org
Mike Gingell, Alcatel, Raleigh, NC USA  (919) 850-6444

grs999910117@stat.appstate.edu (06/09/91)

In article <59909@aurs01.UUCP>, gingell@aurs01.uucp (Mike Gingell) writes:
> Following is a list of items I got from Compuserve.  These don't
> seem to have been on the net - or did I miss them somehow.  Also
>
> Sky: The Pocket Planetarium for the HP48SX
>
>     Sky is a new planetarium program for all HP48 calculators with at least 10K
>     to spare. Designed for naked eye observers, the program produces a graphic
>     display of the heavens. You also get the numbers, in a clear, useful
>     format. This file contains two directories: Sky, (6578.5 bytes) & Skys,
>     (9548 bytes) and a text file: Sky.doc, which includes step by step
>     instructions for using the program and more.

This one appeared recently on the HP BBS (hpcvbbs.cv.hp.com) - the others are
ones I seem to have missed as well! Please post them if you can. I would like
to see them!
William