[comp.sys.handhelds] What was an HP-97S?

wjc@llex.ll.mit.edu ( Bill Chiarchiaro) (06/07/91)

In Dan Allen's posting about the Hall of Fame, there was listed a
model HP-97S calculator.  I've never before heard of it.  What was it?
I noticed it had the highest list price of any item listed.

Thanks,

Bill Chiarchiaro
wjc@ll.mit.edu

dan@Apple.COM (Dan Allen) (06/08/91)

wjc@llex.ll.mit.edu ( Bill Chiarchiaro) writes:

>In Dan Allen's posting about the Hall of Fame, there was listed a
>model HP-97S calculator.  I've never before heard of it.  What was it?
>I noticed it had the highest list price of any item listed.

>Bill Chiarchiaro
>wjc@ll.mit.edu

The HP-97 was the desktop printing version of the HP-67.  The HP-97S was
an HP-97 with a Serial port added so that it could control instruments.
It did not sell too well, so it was discontinued after a year or so on
the market.

BTW, thanks for that interesting information about the HP-9100A!

Dan Allen

sanker@hpcvts.cv.hp.com (Greg Sanker) (06/11/91)

For what its worth....

The HP 97S actually has a BCD interface.

Greg