[comp.sys.handhelds] --- hp48 - Educalc - post

akcs.joehorn@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Joseph K. Horn) (06/16/91)

Jarmo Toivonen writes:

> (1) I send a letter to Educalc some weeks ago! from Finland. Does
> anybody out there know long it should/will take to get "a reply". Does
> Educalc have elect.mail address.

I just spoke with Jim Carter, manager at EduCALC.  (His geodesic dome
house is just down the street from me).  He says that the idea is
interesting, but at this time they do not have an email address.

> (2) Then I finally get their list which memory you thing i should buy.
> HP owns are quite (read too) expensive, but is there any other
> possibilities.

There are two alternatives to date: (a) CMT 128K RAM cards, roughly 3/4
the price of HP cards; or (b) Tripod 512K RAM cards, roughly twice the
price of HP 128K cards.  Tripod has a 256K too, I think.  Call for
details: 714-582-2637, or FAX them a message as 714-582-1445.

> (3) Tell about goodies disk, that are they, any good ???

Each disk contains several hundred HP 48 related files, most of which
have clear documentation and listings.  At only $4.95 each, it's a
software steal.  But of the several thousand copies that have sold, I'll
bet only five to ten people have read and/or run every single file.
It's enough stuff to keep you happy for many months!

There are three so far.  Goodies Disk #4 is being done by others (!),
and will be finished in the next few days.  Goodies Disk #5 has about
200K on it to date, and will probably be full (1 megabyte) around
August.

> -:) sorry my poor english

No problem.  But that dyslexic smiley needs a face lift!  d;^)

> /jarmo
>                 WAIRUS@polaris.utu.fi  (email)

-- Joe Horn -- Peripheral Vision, Ltd. --

"I don't mind sleeping on an empty stomach, provided it isn't my own."
  -Philip J. Simborg