[comp.sys.handhelds] Don't Panic - a dream / typing on a palmtop

Jake-S@cup.portal.com (Jake G Schwartz) (06/18/91)

Andy Smith writes:

> One of the reasons that the 95 is called a palmtop is that you can hold it
> in the palms of your hands and type with your thumbs. This may sound rather
> conveluted, but with a little practice it allows for quite fast steady
> typing. If you try and use it like a calculator, you will find it difficult
> to type, I suggest you borrow a 95 and try your thumbs. Let me know how you
> find this method.

I agree completely. This is exactly why I think the 95 case is a bad idea
for a dedicated calculator. I don't think navigating around the keys with
two thumbs is half as quick as with one index finger.

Jake Schwartz