[comp.sys.handhelds] Switch IR/W

druegeme@hpwad.WAD.HP.COM (#Daniel Ruegemer) (06/17/91)

Question:
Is there a programmable command to switch I/O from IR to Wire (and
vice-versa) ?
Maybe any SYSEVAL ?

Tanx

Daniel

akcs.joehorn@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Joseph K. Horn) (06/18/91)

Daniel Ruegemer writes:

> Question:
> Is there a programmable command to switch I/O from IR to Wire (and
> vice-versa) ?
> Maybe any SYSEVAL ?

Flag -33 controls it.  -33 SF for IR; -33 CF for wire.

Cf. Owner's Manual, page 702; and the Quick Reference Guide (flag -33).

Note: Tony Duell posted a warning about the misdocumentation of flag
-34 in the manuals.  I just ran across the correct definition on page
610, very bottom, in tiny print.

Somebody should collate all these disparate snippits.

For example, the fact that pressing the RAD key always toggles only
flag -17, and never changes flag -18, is not mentioned anywhere.

Likewise, pressing POLAR toggles only flag -16, never flag -15.  This
has never been mentioned, but is a reasonable question.

-- Joseph K. Horn -- Peripheral Vision, Ltd. --