[comp.sys.handhelds] Variable word length math

lowry@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Dave Lowry) (06/20/91)

Does anyone know of a calculator that supports variable word length (8, 16, 32)
math, like the old 16C?

Does anyone have a decent 16C they'd like to sell *cheap*?

-Dave

lowry@honeywell.src.com

ags@seaman.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman) (06/20/91)

In article <1991Jun19.182401.24683@src.honeywell.com> lowry@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Dave Lowry) writes:

>Does anyone know of a calculator that supports variable word length (8, 16, 32)
>math, like the old 16C?

The HP48SX supports variable word size for binary integers.  I suspect the 28S
probably does this, as well.

--
Dave Seaman
ags@seaman.cc.purdue.edu

mark@hpcpbla.HP.COM (Mark Simms) (06/20/91)

>> The HP48SX supports variable word size for binary integers.  I
>> suspect the 28S probably does this, as well.

Yes.  The 28S supports variable word length (up to 64 bits).  The
HP42S does not (fixed at 36 bits).  The HP41C Advantage Pac does not
(fixed 32 bits).

Mark Simms

Please note that I have no connection with Hewlett Packard's
calculator business other than as a user of their products
Opinions expressed are my own and are not intended to be an official
statement by Hewlett-Packard Company
Name:         Mark Simms
Profession:   Software Engineer
Occupation:   Research and Development