[comp.sys.handhelds] HP48SX: Application Cards

chris@itc.univie.ac.at (Christian Forst) (06/21/91)

A suggestion: (this is not intended for companies who develope and/or distribute
applicationcards :^)

What's about getting all the nice things in the various application cards out
of them and make it accessible for everyone as libraries (is that possible?)
So you only have to get some 'big' RAM cards and get all the stuff from some
FTP-server. Wouldn't that be cheaper than buying the applicationcards?

I know that this would be in conflict with copyrights on software, but...

Comments, solutions, flames?, bad news, and even more expected.

        Christian

+---------------------------------------+------------------------------------+
| Christian Forst                       |                                    |
|                                       | Phone: +43-1-43-61-41-70           |
| gargl, wonz, bazong, zawapp, gurp,    | Fax:   +43-1-40-28-525             |
| schwuppdi, bla, bingo, murx, boink,   | Email: chris@itc.univie.ac.at      |
| zappadong, hau wech, knurps, ...      |        a8443gae@vm.univie.ac.at    |
|                                       |        A8443GAE@AWIUNI11.BITNET    |
| No more comments on Disclaimers ...   |                                    |
+---------------------------------------+------------------------------------+

peraino@gmuvax.gmu.edu (06/21/91)

>From: chris@itc.univie.ac.at (Christian Forst)

>A suggestion:
>
>What's about getting all the nice things in the various application cards for
>the HP48SX out of them and make it accessible for everyone as libraries (is
>that possible?)
>So you only have to get some 'big' RAM cards and get all the stuff from some
>FTP-server. Wouldn't that be cheaper than buying the applicationcards?

Uh... Gee Christian, I guess Vienna doesn't have copyright laws.

While you're at it, how about if you GIVE me all of your university's
research on theoretical chemistry; FREE, of course. What the hell,
while I'm at it, I'd also like to be able to infringe on any patents
to date, as well as well as future patents, so that I can undercut
sales of future products which will come to market as a result of that
research.

Dang! My flamethrower is out of acetylene!   :-)

peraino@gmuvax.gmu.edu

HCLIMER%UTCVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Harold Climer) (06/21/91)

On Thu, 20 Jun 1991 13:26 CST you said:
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.handhelds
>Subject: HP48SX: Application Cards
>From: chris@itc.univie.ac.at (Christian Forst)
>Date: 20 Jun 91 16:09:09 GMT
>Sender: news@swdsrv.edvz.univie.ac.at
>
>A suggestion:
>
>What's about getting all the nice things in the various application cards for
>the HP48SX out of them and make it accessible for everyone as libraries (is
>that possible?)
>So you only have to get some 'big' RAM cards and get all the stuff from some
>FTP-server. Wouldn't that be cheaper than buying the applicationcards?
>
>Comments, solutions, flames?, bad news, and even more expected.
>
>        Christian
>
>+---------------------------------------+------------------------------------+
>| Christian Forst                       |                                    |
>|                                       | Phone: +43-1-43-61-41-70           |
>| gargl, wonz, bazong, zawapp, gurp,    | Fax:   +43-1-40-28-525             |
>| schwuppdi, bla, bingo, murx, boink,   | Email: chris@itc.univie.ac.at      |
>| zappadong, hau wech, knurps, ...      |        a8443gae@vm.univie.ac.at    |
>|                                       |        A8443GAE@AWIUNI11.BITNET    |
>| No more comments on Disclaimers ...   |                                    |
        What about Copyright Laws. I can just barely afford  to go to school
to study Physics and Engineering,let alone be sued.

                                            Harold Climer
                                            Physics Department
                                            U. Tennessee at Chattanooga
                                            U.S.A.