[comp.sys.handhelds] printing GROBS

druegeme@hpwad.WAD.HP.COM (#Daniel Ruegemer) (06/17/91)

I want to print 'large' graphic-objects with the infrared-printer
(82240B). The graphics are more than 131 Pxels long.
For I don't like them having split on the paper, I want them to turn
90degrees. Does anybody know how to do this ?

Thanks a lot

Daniel

akcs.joehorn@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Joseph K. Horn) (06/18/91)

Daniel Ruegemer writes:

> I want to print 'large' graphic-objects with the infrared-printer
> (82240B). The graphics are more than 131 Pxels long.
> For I don't like them having split on the paper, I want them to turn
> 90degrees. Does anybody know how to do this ?

The TOOL LIBRARY (TLLIB, library 776, in Jim Donnelly's ToolKit)
contains a ROTATE command which can rotate grobs.

If you don't have the ToolKit, I highly recommend it.

It's available at your friendly neighborhood HP 48 dealer.

-- Joseph K. Horn -- Peripheral Vision, Ltd. --

robert@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Robert D. Thompson) (06/21/91)

*> Newsgroups: comp.sys.handhelds
*> Subject: printing GROBS
*> From: druegeme@hpwad.WAD.HP.COM (#Daniel Ruegemer)
*> Date: 17 Jun 91 09:01:44 GMT
*>
*> I want to print 'large' graphic-objects with the infrared-printer
*> (82240B). The graphics are more than 131 Pxels long.
*> For I don't like them having split on the paper, I want them to turn
*> 90degrees. Does anybody know how to do this ?
*>
*> Thanks a lot
*>
*> Daniel
*>

I posted a program about a year ago that would take a grob and turn it
arround then send it to the printer.  Unfortunately, I dont have it any
more.  If anyone else happened to grab it, please repost it or send it to
Wayne Scott's ftp server.

-Robert Thompson

P.S.  Basically, you need to take the grob string and parse it such that
you scan it vertically and send the resulting pattern to the printer.  As I
recall, the printer manual has information about printing a string as
graphics.  I think you send char 255 to it before the string and it
terminates on a null character (er something like that.)

Good luck.

CS499MZ@CC.SUU.EDU (06/21/91)

This message is empty.

rrd@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (06/25/91)

In hpfcso:comp.sys.handhelds, druegeme@hpwad.WAD.HP.COM (#Daniel Ruegemer) asks:

> I want to print 'large' graphic-objects with the infrared-printer
> (82240B). The graphics are more than 131 Pxels long.
> For I don't like them having split on the paper, I want them to turn
> 90degrees. Does anybody know how to do this ?

> Thanks a lot

> Daniel

I wrote a program called GROT, which rotated a grob +/- 90 degrees at your
request.  I wrote it in user language, intending to put it in my book.  It
was so embarrassingly slow that I threw the code away and in its place I
use the program

     << ROTATE >>

where 'ROTATE' is a very fast, machine-code command in Jim Donnelly's Toolkit.
I highly recommend it.

Regards
Ray Depew
HP, but not the calculator gang (sigh)