[comp.sys.handhelds] Copying ROM to RAM?

akcs.briank@hpcvbbs.UUCP (Brian Korver) (06/26/91)

Could someone please explain to me how to copy something on the HP48SX
from a ROM card into RAM.  Specifically, I would like to copy my
equation library into my RAM card so that I can free up one of the
ports for additional cards.  Thank you.

Jake-S@cup.portal.com (Jake G Schwartz) (06/26/91)

Brian Korver writes:

> Could someone please explain to me how to copy something on the HP48SX
> from a ROM card into RAM.  Specifically, I would like to copy my
> equation library into my RAM card so that I can free up one of the
> ports for additional cards.  Thank you.

This is inaccurate. Since the equation library is 128K large, if you had
a copy of it in RAM, it would have to be in a 128K RAM card in the very
same port. Since the HP48 only allows for 256K to be added, there is no
advantage to having the equation library card in RAM. This is especially
true since the card is cheaper than the RAM card to hold it. (Of course,
if you intended to modify the software, that's another story. And, if the
intention was to load it into a bank-switched 256K or 512K RAM card, it's
still another story entirely.)

Jake Schwartz