[comp.sys.handhelds] Oh no its alt.sys.hp48!

gingell@aurs01.uucp (Mike Gingell) (06/24/91)

Jan Brittenson (bson@ai.mit.edu) writes:

>   alt.sys.hp48 was created several weeks ago. I posted MLDL 1.03 on
>   it. It may only have made it to internet hosts, though.

Oh no! Not another newsgroup many of us can't get.  Our node only
receives comp.*.*.  How can we get this stuff.  Why cant we sort out
the vote on creation of comp.sys.palmtops, comp.sys.hp48,
comp.sources.hp48, and or comp.sys.handhelds first.

Mike Gingell, Alcatel, Raleigh, NC USA  (919) 850-6444
UUCP:       ...!mcnc!aurgate!aurfs1!gingell
Internet:   gingell%aurfs1%aurgate@mcnc.org

cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (James H. Cloos) (06/26/91)

In article <59938@aurs01.UUCP> gingell@aurs01.uucp (Mike Gingell) writes:
|Jan Brittenson (bson@ai.mit.edu) writes:
|
|>   alt.sys.hp48 was created several weeks ago. I posted MLDL 1.03 on
|>   it. It may only have made it to internet hosts, though.
|
|Oh no! Not another newsgroup many of us can't get.  Our node only
|receives comp.*.*.  How can we get this stuff.  Why cant we sort out
|the vote on creation of comp.sys.palmtops, comp.sys.hp48,
|comp.sources.hp48, and or comp.sys.handhelds first.

Hell, we get basically everyting here (even some commercial groups) and
there is no sign yet of alt.sys.hp48.

I even just tool a look thru the fils in our /news/spool/control directory,
and of the 2678 articles now stored there, which even includes one from 364
days ago (!!) and has all of the non-cancelled articles from 6.6.91 to
25.6.91; I cannot find any indication that the create-group message ever
made it here.  (Probably got cancelled somewhere.)

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.		Phone:  +1 716 673-1250
cloos@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU		Snail:  PersonalZipCode:  14048-0772, USA

dougc@bert.cs.byu.edu (DOUG CANNON) (06/26/91)

In article <81217@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> cloos@acsu.buffalo.edu (James H. Cloos) writes:

>   In article <59938@aurs01.UUCP> gingell@aurs01.uucp (Mike Gingell) writes:
>   |Jan Brittenson (bson@ai.mit.edu) writes:
>   |>   alt.sys.hp48 was created several weeks ago. I posted MLDL 1.03 on
>   |>   it. It may only have made it to internet hosts, though.
>   |Oh no! Not another newsgroup many of us can't get.  Our node only
>   |receives comp.*.*.  How can we get this stuff.  Why cant we sort out
>   |the vote on creation of comp.sys.palmtops, comp.sys.hp48,
>   |comp.sources.hp48, and or comp.sys.handhelds first.

Hey -- Does *ANYBODY* get this so called alt.sys.hp48 group?
I've heard a lot of talk about who doesn't have it, and I am
one who doesn't. It hasn't yet magically appeared on my reader.
Is there an elite group sharing important things and leaving
the rest of us out? I don't think I've heard yet of anybody
who does have this group.

Doug

ftg0673@tamsun.TAMU.EDU (Rick Grevelle) (06/27/91)

In article <DOUGC.91Jun26124314@bert.cs.byu.edu> dougc@bert.cs.byu.edu (DOUG CANNON) writes:

>Hey -- Does *ANYBODY* get this so called alt.sys.hp48 group?
>I've heard a lot of talk about who doesn't have it, and I am
>one who doesn't. It hasn't yet magically appeared on my reader.
>Is there an elite group sharing important things and leaving
>the rest of us out? I don't think I've heard yet of anybody
>who does have this group.
>
>Doug

Yeah, it's really there, and eventually it should be available to all.
Furthermore, think how nice it will be not to have to sort through the
unrelated 48 articles.  For now I think all that's being posted there
is also being posted here.

Rick Grevelle

blgardne@javelin.sim.es.com (Blaine Gardner) (06/27/91)

ftg0673@tamsun.TAMU.EDU (Rick Grevelle) writes:
>In article <DOUGC.91Jun26124314@bert.cs.byu.edu> dougc@bert.cs.byu.edu (DOUG CANNON) writes:
>>Hey -- Does *ANYBODY* get this so called alt.sys.hp48 group?

>Yeah, it's really there, and eventually it should be available to all.

Well it's not here, and this site has a direct internet connection to
uunet.
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland  580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
blgardne@javelin.sim.es.com                               BIX: blaine_g