[comp.lang.lisp.x] Xlisp 2.1 availability

otto@tukki.jyu.fi (Otto J. Makela) (09/28/90)

Xlisp 2.1 is available from jyu.fi [128.214.7.5] directory /pub/misc/winterp
as a part of the Winterp 1.01 package.  It of course can also be obtained
directly from the MIT xwindows archive (sorry, can't remember the machine).
--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <otto@jyu.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 41 613 847, BBS: +358 41 211 562 (CCITT, Bell 24/12/300) */

pezely@cis.udel.edu (Daniel Pezely) (10/01/90)

Anyone know of any other sites or the names of the MIT sites?
jyu.fi always seems to have too many anonymous ftp users, and all the
MIT sites I tried (not too many) had old versions or nothing for xlisp.
Thanks.

--
R+D Cowboys:	HITL, Seattle				CSL, U Delaware
		Pezely@hitl.VRnet.washington.edu	Pezely@udel.edu

brown@hydra1f.cs.utk.edu (Lance A. Brown) (10/02/90)

In article <31961@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, pezely@cis.udel.edu (Daniel Pezely) writes:
|> Anyone know of any other sites or the names of the MIT sites?
|> jyu.fi always seems to have too many anonymous ftp users, and all the
|> MIT sites I tried (not too many) had old versions or nothing for xlisp.
|> Thanks.
|>
|> --
|> R+D Cowboys:	HITL, Seattle				CSL, U Delaware
|> 		Pezely@hitl.VRnet.washington.edu	Pezely@udel.edu

   I have been using Xlisp for about 3 years now in various versions, but am
not aware of any connection between the X in Xlisp and MIT's X in Xwindows.
I also do not know of any connection between David Betz, the author of Xlisp, and
Xwindows project at MIT.  As far as I know Xlisp and Xwindows are entirely distinct from each other.

Lance Brown
Lance A. Brown                            brown@cs.utk.edu
3500 Sutherland Avenue, Apt. L-303	  Graduate Student in Computer Science
Knoxville, TN  37919                      Sun SparcStaions are Neat!

fxcmh@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (HARTMAN CHRIS M) (10/02/90)

In article <31961@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, pezely@cis.udel.edu (Daniel Pezely) writes...
>Anyone know of any other sites or the names of the MIT sites?
>jyu.fi always seems to have too many anonymous ftp users, and all the
>MIT sites I tried (not too many) had old versions or nothing for xlisp.
>Thanks.

The info-mac archives at Sumex have xlisp also.  I don't remember the full
address off hand, but I am sure it is easy to find.
        Chris Hartman
        fxcmh@acad3.fai.alaska.edu

pezely@cis.udel.edu (Daniel Pezely) (10/02/90)

To get the xlisp 2.1 source, here's a few more sites:
anonymous ftp to:
    expo.lcs.mit.edu contrib/winterp/winterp-1.01.tar.Z
    ftp.diku.dk [129.142.96.1] pub/misc/winterp-1.01.tar.Z

    source files are in ./winterp-1.01/src-server/xlisp/

Thanks to those who responded to my posting.
-Dan