[rec.arts.poems] Parodies

In article <16097@brl-adm.ARPA>, rbj@icst-cmr.arpa (Root Boy Jim) writes:
> Repeat after me:
> 		We all live in a signal trampoline...

All right, you asked for it.  Here's my contribution.  Some of you may
know how mis-designed or mis-configured PACX systems tend to eat
control characters (commonly ^S and ^Q)....I was walking around the
house one day with tunes running through my head and this more or less
fell into place for me.

1 2 3 4
1 2
Let me tell you how it will be
There's 1 for you, 15 for me
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
Should two control chars seem too few
Be thankful any at all get through
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
If you dial from home, the pacx is there		I'm not happy
If you blue-box in, it's in your hair			with these four
And hardwired lines are awfully rare			lines - any
So no matter what, there's a pacx right there		suggestions?
PACX MAN
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
Don't ask me why I munch those chars
(Uh-uh, Mr. Ritchie...)
If you don't want to connect to Mars
(Uh-uh, Mr. Joy...)
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
And my advice for EMACS users
PACX MAN
Is to use vi like the rest of the lusers
PACX MAN
'Cause I'm the PACX MAN
Yeeaaah, I'm the PACX MAN
And you're typing to no one but me...
(PACX MAN...)

[Reference version of TAX MAN: _Revolver_ CD, CDP 7 46441 2 (DIDX 1481)]

Note the Followup-To: header.  I couldn't think of a decent place to
point it, since this has nothing to speak of to do with UNIX and I
don't read r.m.b, r.a.p, or r.h nearly as regularly as c.w.u....  Mail
is the most reliable if you want me to see your reply.

					der Mouse

			uucp: mouse@mcgill-vision.uucp
			arpa: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu