[talk.politics.mideast] struggles for human rights

eli@lf-server-2.BBN.COM (Steve Elias) (03/06/88)

In article <7440@oberon.USC.EDU> gazit@ganelon.usc.edu (Hillel) writes:

>hg>Any way I think these comparisons are beside the point. The war
>hg>between Israel and the Palestinians is for better or worse a life and
>hg>death struggle and is NOT SIMILAR to the race riots.

	gene mentions gaza and the struggle going on there, as part of the
	Palestinians' struggle.

In another article, Gene Smith writes:

>gs>>  This is idiotic. WW II was total war, and Germany and Japan had
>gs>>made the rules.

	there's nothing wrong with a little context switching...

	the two struggles:
	( (occupied & refugee arabs) and (the US civil rights struggle) )
	are both about basic human rights.

	that makes them similar in many	important respects, at least.