[talk.politics.mideast] Mideast vs. Vietnam vs. Algeria

gazit@ganelon.usc.edu (Salit) (03/27/88)

In article <8051@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> samia@violet.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Samia Benidir) writes:

>NOT TRUE! most of them chose to go to Palestine and get some free land taken
>from the expelled or exterminated Palestinians.

Most Israelies live in cities and don't own land.  Maybe you would relocate
to another country just so you can own a small piece of land.  Jews are more
rational...

>>The French citizens were welcomed back to FRANCE, and were taught that no
>>matter how many generations passed they were first and foremost FRENCH.

>The French government didn't even help them to relocate in France!

I checked the subject in the Hebrew Encyclopedia.  They claim the French
governent helped them to relocate and so prevented a crisis.  If you
have a different source please post it.

>>Will the Arab world welcome the children and grandchildren of the Jews they
>>expelled and treat them with the same respect that they treat themselves?

>They will be treated the same way they are treating the Arabs now!

No deal.  A racist like Samia as a boss sounds even worse than the current
military rule in Algiers.

>Talk about limited rights! they own most financial institutions in Europe
>as well as here; most of them have businesses and are doing very well!

Are you citing from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, or are you modern
enough to use Mein Kampf?

>>Spanish and Portuguese Inquisition, Nazi Holocost, etc. ).

>There is not one time when jews didn't have recourse to nazism and Hitler
>to get pity of the world; one thing you don't seem to know, is that
>Hitler was trying to exterminate all the semites, Arabs included, not
>just jews! It happened that the jewish population was much larger than the
>Arab one in Europe; but lots of Arabs were holocaust victims as well.

This is a nice theory which simply does not agree with the reality.
Hag Amin el Husseini, the Mufti of Jerusalem (the religious leader of the
Palestinians at the time) lived in Berlin throughout the war as a guest of
Hitler and was involved in pro-nazi activities.
Rashid Ali headed a pro-Nazi rebellion in Iraq in May 1941.
The Germans occupied Tunisia and Libya and did not even try to exterminate
the Arabs.

So stop writing this nonsense and try to read a good history book instead.

>The United States will certainly welcome them here, since the US government
>seems to think that they should have a place they can call home; I am sure
>that they will be delighted by the offer!

Why are you so sure about it?  They did not want the Jews in the thirties.
Can you try (at least sometimes) to think and not just express wishful
thinking?

>If they were behaving humanely towards the Arabs in Palestine, they would
>be able to stay and cohabitate with each other as in the past.

There were anti-zionist Jews in Hebron who thought just like you say.  In 1929
tens of them were murdered in an Arab pogrom and the rest escaped.
Some people learn only in the very hard way.

>Samia Benidir                                    |     ((( /_/\_\     |

Hillel Gazit     gazit%ganelon.usc.edu@oberon.usc.edu

TUG@PSUVMB.BITNET (03/29/88)

        Spare us the long winded historical dribble.

        Let the fucking dead rest and get on with your life.

                                                       SHEP IS FAT

COK@PSUVMA.BITNET (R. W. F. Clark) (03/29/88)

In article <37478TUG@PSUVMB>, <TUG@PSUVMB.BITNET> says:

>        Spare us the long winded historical dribble.
>        Let the fucking dead rest and get on with your life.

Fucking dead?  Somehow, your metaphor fails to have any effect beyond
reflecting your complete idiocy, lack of imagination, and, hmm, what
_did_ this person get an account for?  [scuffle scuffle scuffle]
Oooooh!  Computer Science for Engineers!  That explains it.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the, um, societal factors that
have warped, twisted, and deformed you into what you are
now.  Please forgive me.

>                                                       SHEP IS FAT

My my, what a _clever_ closing line.

Now a hint to improve your posting style:

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP
BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE
YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU
POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thank you.
-------
UUCP:. . .rutgers!psuvax1!psuvma.BITNET!cok

The monk promptly replied:

"But sir, I have not been a member of the Order of Saint Benedict long
enough to have had the opportunity to learn every detail of the order's
rules.  And up until just a moment ago, you never showed me how monks were
supposed to support the weight of women as well as fasts and vigils.
But now that you have shown me how, I promise you that if you forgive
me this time, I shall sin no more in this respect; on the contrary, I
shall always behave as I have seen you behave."

The Fourth Story of the First Day
of Giovanni Boccaccio's _Decameron_,
translated by Mark Musa and Peter Bondanella

samia@violet.berkeley.edu (Samia Benidir) (03/30/88)

In article <7904@oberon.USC.EDU> gazit@ganelon.usc.edu (Hillel) writes:
>In article <8051@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> samia@violet.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Samia Benidir) writes:
>
>>NOT TRUE! most of them chose to go to Palestine and get some free land taken
>>from the expelled or exterminated Palestinians.
>
>Most Israelies live in cities and don't own land.  Maybe you would relocate
>to another country just so you can own a small piece of land.  Jews are more
>rational...

I guess that the cities are floating in the sky over there! It is the
Holy land after all. Let's be serious; you know very well that I used
the term "land" as an equivalent to "country" or "nation".

>>>The French citizens were welcomed back to FRANCE, and were taught that no
>>>matter how many generations passed they were first and foremost FRENCH.
>
>>The French government didn't even help them to relocate in France!
>
>I checked the subject in the Hebrew Encyclopedia.  They claim the French
>governent helped them to relocate and so prevented a crisis.  If you
>have a different source please post it.

I can't afford taking the time to check printed sources in English.
But all French and Algerians know about the issue of relocation that
is not yet settle 26 years later! Lots of "pieds noirs"are already
dead and didn't get a compensation for their properties in Algeria.

>>They will be treated the same way they are treating the Arabs now!
>
>No deal.  A racist like Samia as a boss sounds even worse than the current
>military rule in Algiers.

Obviously, you have the attitude of the imperialist colon!
They are the ones who define the struggle against oppression and
colonialism as racism. FYI, I have nothing against jews; however,
I loath Zionism, Nazism, Apartheid, and any other movement against
the freedom of human beings.

From my jewish friends' descriptions and the movies I have seen,
I certainly won't exchange the "current military rule in Algiers"
against the one in Palestine.
Also, most of my staff is jewish, and they don't seem to dislike
working for me!

>>There is not one time when jews didn't have recourse to nazism and Hitler
>>to get pity of the world; one thing you don't seem to know, is that
>>Hitler was trying to exterminate all the semites, Arabs included, not
>>just jews! It happened that the jewish population was much larger than the
>>Arab one in Europe; but lots of Arabs were holocaust victims as well.
>

>This is a nice theory which simply does not agree with the reality.
>Hag Amin el Husseini, the Mufti of Jerusalem (the religious leader of the
>Palestinians at the time) lived in Berlin throughout the war as a guest of
>Hitler and was involved in pro-nazi activities.
>Rashid Ali headed a pro-Nazi rebellion in Iraq in May 1941.
>The Germans occupied Tunisia and Libya and did not even try to exterminate
>the Arabs.

I bet you are getting your information from "Hebrew Encyclopedia" once again!

>So stop writing this nonsense and try to read a good history book instead.

What is "good" for you might not be for me, and vice versa.
I remember studying WWII history from French books where Nazism was
described as an anti-semitic movement, and that the Arabs were
exterminated as well as Jews.

>>The United States will certainly welcome them here, since the US government
>>seems to think that they should have a place they can call home; I am sure
>>that they will be delighted by the offer!
>
>Why are you so sure about it?  They did not want the Jews in the thirties.
>Can you try (at least sometimes) to think and not just express wishful
>thinking?

Maybe YOU should do some thinking! in the thirties, the United States
didn't encourage the jews to exterminate the Arabs by providing them
with arms and money. They are now, so, maybe they changed their position
when it comes to jewish immigration to the US. The immigration quota
for Jewish Palestinians gets higher every year, while it is getting
lower for the other countries, the Arab ones in particular.

>Hillel Gazit     gazit%ganelon.usc.edu@oberon.usc.edu

                                     El Djazair  |    (((  \    /     |
Samia Benidir                                    |     ((( /_/\_\     |
samia@violet.berkeley.edu                        |_________|__________|