[talk.politics.mideast] Who's Messing With The Usenet?

arf@chinet.chi.il.us (Jack Schmidling) (09/19/89)

awhy/e9

Article 3708 (11 more) in news.misc:
From: childers@avsd.UUCP (Richard Childers)
Newsgroups: news.admin,news.misc,alt.conspiracy
Subject: Who's Messing With The Usenet ?

>I've been noticing a lot of duplicate articles recently......

>Now, I've been reading the Usenet, on and off, for about five or six years
now, and I have _never_ seen anything like this in my life......

>I've been reading for, oh, over a month now, about how duplicate articles
have been appearing across many newsgroups......I began to smell a rat.

>The answer that occurs to me is, quite bluntly, sabotage. It is a well-
-established trick, made exemplar by the actions of senior Usenet people,
to generate forged headers, as I said before, and insert them into the
queue. These articles, given their untraceable nature, are very possibly
forged articles.

>The sites found in the "Path:" field are, presumably, interconnected ...
which argues for a fairly sophisticated and detailed effort, not the act
of an average college student, whom would presumably still be so dazzled
by the wealth of information available that s/he would never think of
sabotaging it, incidentally. No, if such an act is being perpetuated, it
is coming from an individual or group thereof with considerable attention
to detail.

>Why would someone do such a thing ?

ARF says:

This probably belongs on alt.conspiracies but since this is the first time I
have even looked at this group, I was dazzled by the possible solution to a
problem that has been bugging me since shortly after I joined usenet around
June of this year.

I am a born-again Anti-Zionist and post profusely to talk.politics.mideast
with that point of view.  My usenet site (chinet) loses on the average, about
50 articles every week.  The way it happens is.... 32 Articles
talk.politics.mideast read now? (y n)..."y"....sorry all read...bye

My sysop says it's because he has run out of disc space.

It also happens that there are many duplicate articles on this news group and
they obviously fill up the disk and prevent new articles from being
processed.

Keeping $Billions flowing to Israel is not to be overlooked as a possible
reason why "someone would do such a thing".

The Amateur Radio Forum (arf)

jack@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Jack Campin) (09/20/89)

arf@chinet.chi.il.us (Jack Schmidling) wrote:
>> I've been reading for, oh, over a month now, about how duplicate articles
>> have been appearing across many newsgroups [...]
>> The answer that occurs to me is, quite bluntly, sabotage.
> Keeping $Billions flowing to Israel is not to be overlooked as a possible
> reason why "someone would do such a thing".

A screwup in tropix's news system was responsible for most of that (look at
the Path: in the offending articles).  They never told the net what exactly
went wrong, so the same problem may have come up at other places since.
The duplication occurred in many groups with no political content; sci.med
and sci.math, for example.  It is about as plausible to argue that it was a
conspiracy by the alternative dentistry establishment to prevent debunking
of the mercury-fillings scare in sci.med.

Why the people in charge at tropix have decided to keep these details
to themselves when sharing their experience could benefit every news
administrator on the net is entirely beyond me.

--
Jack Campin  *  Computing Science Department, Glasgow University, 17 Lilybank
Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QQ, SCOTLAND.    041 339 8855 x6045 wk  041 556 1878 ho

gene@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Yevgeny Y. Itkis) (09/21/89)

In article <3438@midway.cs.glasgow.ac.uk> jack@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Jack Campin) writes:

>arf@chinet.chi.il.us (Jack Schmidling) wrote:
>>> I've been reading for, oh, over a month now, about how duplicate articles
>>> have been appearing across many newsgroups [...]
>>> The answer that occurs to me is, quite bluntly, sabotage.
>
>A screwup in tropix's news system was responsible for most of that (look at
>the Path: in the offending articles).  They never told the net what exactly
>went wrong, so the same problem may have come up at other places since.
>The duplication occurred in many groups with no political content; sci.med
>and sci.math, for example.  It is about as plausible to argue that it was a
>conspiracy by the alternative dentistry establishment to prevent debunking
>of the mercury-fillings scare in sci.med.

Yeah, that's it. And do not forget that most of them are jewish and therefore
part of the zionist plot to.. to... what was it, Jack S.? Oh yeah, to take over
the world, right?

>Why the people in charge at tropix have decided to keep these details
>to themselves when sharing their experience could benefit every news
>administrator on the net is entirely beyond me.

You are so naive, Jack Campin. Don't you see they are part of the plot. Don't
you know that most of the administrators are jewish? After all computers are a
kind of media, which, as is well known, is controlled by zionists.

>Jack Campin  *  Computing Science Department, Glasgow University, 17 Lilybank

Actually, there is something sad going on right infront of our eyes. I hate to
play a net psychologist, but when I try to think about Jack Schmidling and his
postings (which I rarely read, I admit) I cannot help feeling bad about the guy
(after overcomming the more immidiate reactions :-)). Jack, I am very serious,
I have not told this to any of the people I disagree with. But I really think
you should see someone for help. Jack's personality problems are screaming thru
for attention e.g. in his use of an organization name in place of his proper
name, not to mention maniacal fixation on certain problems. Sometimes I think
that maybe he is just an zionist agent who on a rare occasion brings up a
troubling issue but in such a way that it is obvious to any human being that
the presentation is warped and, therefore, probably does not deserve any
attention. In such a way those clever zionists discredit the organization
(which is probably set up and controlled by them anyways) as well as divert
attention from real problems. Btw, something I never could figure out - am I in
on the plot? Am I a zionist? But these are my personality problems :-)

	-Gene