[net.music] Fair Listening

malik@galaxy.DEC (Karl Malik ZK01-1/F22 1-1440) (08/16/85)

>Oh and watch who you're calling a music snob.  I listen to anything at
>least twice before making snap judgements as to what I like.
>
>				Jim Hofmann

Jim -  What do you think of Wagner's Ring cycle?

						- Karl

hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA (08/19/85)

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
%% Subject: fair listening

> >Oh and watch who you're calling a music snob.  I listen to anything at
> >least twice before making snap judgements as to what I like.
> >				Jim Hofmann

> Jim -  What do you think of Wagner's Ring cycle?

> 						- Karl

I've heard popular Wagner, never heard the Ring cycle, though.  Let me
guess though, ummmm, it's so interimably long that I won't be able to
listen to it twice before passing my 40th birthday ( long off ) or
its so good I'll never listen to Black Flag again without blushing ( Loose
Nut between my legs/ ... Don't mind my crazy smile ), huh?  Well, Karl,
I go to the library tonight and I'll look for it and give it a try and report
back.  How's that?  Anyone else?  Can I get back to Rain Parade now???

						Jim Hofmann ( MU )

jeffw@tekecs.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) (08/23/85)

> I've heard popular Wagner, never heard the Ring cycle, though.  Let me
> guess though, ummmm, it's so interimably long that I won't be able to
> listen to it twice before passing my 40th birthday ( long off ) or...

Well, if you really get into it, by the time you're done, you might
*feel* as if you'd passed your 40th birthday... or maybe 80th...
In other words, wrung out.

				lover of reel-to-reel music, (bad, I know)
					Jeff Winslow