[comp.theory.cell-automata] Cell Master

cmilono@netcom.UUCP (Carlo Milono) (12/28/90)

Does anyone out on the net use Sintar Software's Cell Master?  I just got
a copy for Xmas and was so intrigued that I searched my .newsrc to find
this group.

This program lists for $45 and is for IBM PC's only as of this writing.
It includes Conway's Life, a cell editor, a rules editor, and many simple
constructs, including a set of cells and rules that allow the construction
of a Virtual Computer.  I am in the process of making a Full Adder circuit.

The rules are:

	Conway
	Sum Values
	Euclid
	Difference
	Rotational
	Planar
	Separable
	...and Exhaustive

There is a contest to find the following:
	New Rule sets
	Still Life with a speed of zero
	Gliders
	Puffers
	Guns
	Garden Of Eden (only *you* can create this out of random chaos!)

Sintar also makes a very good fractal package and various addons to it.

	Sintar Software
	1001 4th Ave. Suite 3200
	Seattle, WA  98154
	(206) 625-1213

I would be interested in trading interesting rule sets and cell forms.

DISCLAIMER: I just like this package and want a dialog...I don't own stock
            nor do I work for Sintar or affiliates (if any).

|  Carlo Milono:  netcom!cmilono@apple.com   or   apple!netcom!cmilono     |
|"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,  |
|that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."   - Jonathan Swift   |

In article <19458@netcom.UUCP> cmilono@netcom.UUCP (Carlo Milono) writes:
>Does anyone out on the net use Sintar Software's Cell Master?  I just got
>a copy for Xmas and was so intrigued that I searched my .newsrc to find
>this group.

>This program lists for $45 and is for IBM PC's only as of this writing.
>It includes Conway's Life, a cell editor, a rules editor, and many simple
>constructs, including a set of cells and rules that allow the construction
>of a Virtual Computer.  I am in the process of making a Full Adder circuit.

>The rules are:

>	Conway
>	Sum Values
>	Euclid
>	Difference
>	Rotational
>	Planar
>	Separable
>	...and Exhaustive

>There is a contest to find the following:
>	New Rule sets
>	Still Life with a speed of zero
>	Gliders
>	Puffers
>	Guns
>	Garden Of Eden (only *you* can create this out of random chaos!)

>Sintar also makes a very good fractal package and various addons to it.

>	Sintar Software
>	1001 4th Ave. Suite 3200
>	Seattle, WA  98154
>	(206) 625-1213

>I would be interested in trading interesting rule sets and cell forms.

>+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>|  Carlo Milono:  netcom!cmilono@apple.com   or   apple!netcom!cmilono     |
>|"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,  |
>|that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."   - Jonathan Swift   |
>+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Haven't seen the package, but I hope if the principals are watching the net
they will think of the 2,000,000 Amiga marketplace for a port.  There have
been some Life implementations done using the Amiga's bit blitter to do the
entire calculation for the screen refresh, which make it possible to run
Life at 30 generations a second in high resolution (640x400) mode!  Not too
shabby for a home computer.  I don't know much about the blitter ruleset,
so I don't know how successful one could be at programming more complex
cellular automaton rulesets into it, but it would be fun to see the results.

By the way, I _love_ your .siggie quote, and promptly stole a copy.

Kent, the man from xanth.