[comp.theory.cell-automata] Request for programming help

In article <5234@tahoe.unr.edu> miken@wrc.unr.edu (Mike Nicholl) writes:

> I'm trying to write some CA code in Fortran and would appreciate any
> help I can get (advice, references, pseudo-code, or working code). I
> am well aware that Fortran is not appropriate for CA work, but for
> what I need to do it appears to be the best choice at the
> developmental stage. In particular I am having trouble with the
> mechanics of hexagonal lattice structures. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.

> Mike

If your system supports a long expiration cycle, look at
rec.games.programmer, where there have been several recent excellent
articles recently on the care and feeding of hexagonal grids.

(And if anyone saved them, mail me the lot. Guess what I nuked without
backup capability. Sigh.)

Kent, the man from xanth.