[comp.theory.cell-automata] PC Products: Fractals, Chaos, Cellular Automata

pattis@cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis) (03/16/91)

Is there any list (in a FAQ file) of available PC software concerning
Fractals, Chaos, and/or Cellular Automata.  For one example, I recall
a CA package by Rudy Rucker but have forgotton the details.

Rich Pattis

ssingh@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Sneaky Sanj) (03/18/91)

In article <15483@june.cs.washington.edu> pattis@cs.washington.edu (Richard Pattis) writes:
>Is there any list (in a FAQ file) of available PC software concerning
>Fractals, Chaos, and/or Cellular Automata.  For one example, I recall
>a CA package by Rudy Rucker but have forgotton the details.
>
>Rich Pattis

I don't think there exists a FAQ file. You should be able to get information
on Rudy Rucker's CA Lab by writing Autodesk, or perhaps someone from
Autodesk will contact you from the net.

Also look for James Gleick's chaos. It is also published by Autodesk, I
think.

Has anyone identified what particular properties a cellular automaton
rule must possess before it will yield fractal structures? Some will
and some won't.

Oh yes, if you want to explore fractals, fractint 15.1 will blow you
away. Hats off to Timothy Wegner et. al!!

Ice.

--
"No one had the guts... until now!"
$anjay $ingh     Fire & "Ice"     ssingh@watserv1.[u]waterloo.{edu|cdn}/[ca]