[comp.periphs.printers] Panasonic 1124 memory upgrade

desmond@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM (Ned Desmond) (02/27/90)

The Panasonic 1124 printer has a memory upgrade for use as a larger buffer and
also to hold downloaded fonts.  The expansion is 32KB.  You can get the upgrade
through Panasonic for $60-80.  I would guess that the upgrade is just a
32K x 8 chip that fits into a socket.  It probably comes with a manual, a tool
and a pretty package.

Question: Anyone know if it is just a single chip into a socket,  if so what
type of memory chip?

Sorry if this has been discussed before,

Ned Desmond
desmond@gvl.unisys.com

chao@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Chia-Chi Chao) (02/27/90)

In article <566@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM> desmond@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM (Ned Desmond) writes:
>The Panasonic 1124 printer has a memory upgrade for use as a larger buffer and
>also to hold downloaded fonts.  The expansion is 32KB.  You can get the upgrade
>through Panasonic for $60-80.  I would guess that the upgrade is just a
>32K x 8 chip that fits into a socket.  It probably comes with a manual, a tool
>and a pretty package.

I think it is just a 32Kx8 chip, but do you know how to open up the printer?
I couldn't find a single screw!