[comp.periphs.printers] How to invoke HPGL???

h-lee%hogum.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (LEE Hyo Jong) (07/10/90)

Hi,
is there anyone who can tell me how to invoke graphics mode
at HP LaserJet II?
A simple sample code would be appreciated very much.

-hjl

---------------
LEE, Hyo Jong  - OI -
801-581-8377 (office)   801-582-5127 (home)
({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!h-lee, h-lee@cs.utah.edu)

andrea@sdd.hp.com (Andrea K. Frankel) (07/10/90)

In article <1990Jul9.160240.10929@hellgate.utah.edu> h-lee%hogum.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (LEE Hyo Jong) writes:
>Hi,
>is there anyone who can tell me how to invoke graphics mode
>at HP LaserJet II?
>A simple sample code would be appreciated very much.

LaserJet II does not have HPGL built in; only the LaserJet III does (and
it's called HPGL/2).

The escape sequence to get into the graphics is Esc%B, and to get back
to PCL is Esc%A.

Andrea Frankel, Hewlett Packard, San Diego Technical Graphics Div., R&D Lab
	"wake now!  Discover that you are the song that the morning brings..."
Internet : andrea@sdd.hp.com (or andrea%hp-sdd@nosc.mil or @ucsd.edu)
UUCP     : {hplabs|nosc|hpfcla|ucsd}!hp-sdd!andrea
CSNET    : andrea%hp-sdd@hplabs.csnet
USnail   : 16399 W. Bernardo Drive - Mailstop 61U65, San Diego CA 92127-1899
Voice    : (619) 592-4664