[comp.periphs.printers] Info wanted on 800 lpm printers

chris@utgard.uucp (Chris Anderson) (10/13/90)

I'm looking for information on dot matrix printers
capable of 600 to 800 lines per minute.  Names of
manufacturers, emulations available, war stories,
anything would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
--
| Chris Anderson                                                       |
| QMA, Inc.                     email : {csusac,sactoh0}!utgard!chris  |

dubner@hpspkla.spk.hp.com (Joe Dubner) (10/14/90)

> I'm looking for information on dot matrix printers
> capable of 600 to 800 lines per minute.  Names of
> manufacturers, emulations available, war stories,
> anything would be appreciated.

You might want to investigate Output Technology Corporation (E9922
Montgomery, Spokane, WA 99206, telephone 509-926-3855).  In a former
life, I worked there and helped design a 600 LPM dot-matrix printer.  I
don't know if that model (the OT-2100) made it into production but they
surely have something in that speed range.

My present employer makes very nice high speed printers too :-)

... Joe

nts1672@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Darryl Lauderdale) (10/19/90)

In article <1990Oct12.105653.16952@utgard.uucp>, chris@utgard.uucp (Chris Anderson) writes:
> I'm looking for information on dot matrix printers
> capable of 600 to 800 lines per minute.  Names of
> manufacturers, emulations available, war stories,
> anything would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Chris

You should contact Output Technology Corporation.  They make a
printer (OTC-2180) which print over 800 lines per minutes.  We
have been using one about 8 months it is the fastest printer
I have seen.  Also the OTC-2140 prints over 400 lines per
minutes.  I am not an employee of OTC.

		Output Technology Coporation
		E9922 Montogomery
		Spokane, Wa. 99206 (509) 926-3855

Good luck
--
Darryl B. Lauderdale, (DLA Systems Automation Center, DSAC-TSX, P.O. Box 1605
Columbus, Oh., 43216 ...nts1672, (614) 238-9151