[comp.periphs.printers] Where to buy HP IIP?

cs161fhn@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) (11/02/90)

I want to buy an HP IIP laser printer.  I heard of that one could
get a IIP from mail order for under or around $800.  I don't know if
this is used, new or refurbished, but I don't really care.  Even a
IIP clone would be fine as long as it accepted IIP cartridges (i.e.
I want to install a couple megs of memory and a Postscript cart.).

Does anyone know where I can get a IIP or cartridge compatible for
really cheap?

--
Dennis Lou               | "But Yossarian, what if everyone thought that way?"
dlou@ucsd.edu            | "Then I'd be crazy to think any other way!"

cs161fhn@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) (11/03/90)

In article <13805@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> cs161fhn@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) writes:
>I want to buy an HP IIP laser printer.  I heard of that one could
>get a IIP from mail order for under or around $800.  I don't know if
>this is used, new or refurbished, but I don't really care.  Even a
>IIP clone would be fine as long as it accepted IIP cartridges (i.e.
>I want to install a couple megs of memory and a Postscript cart.).
>
>Does anyone know where I can get a IIP or cartridge compatible for
>really cheap?

Just a little note on the above post:
A couple of people mentioned about educational discounts for the
IIP.

I'd just like to say that UCSD sells the IIP for $949 which is what
the local retailers sell it for! :-(