[comp.periphs.printers] color printers?

kirk@kalalau.berkeley.edu (Kirk Thege) (11/02/90)

Sorry if this is the hundredth time someone has asked, but we are going
to buy a color printer for our Sun systems so I'm soliciting opinions
and comments from those with more (i.e., > 0) experience than I have.
Contenders so far are the QMS PostScript30i, Tektronix 4693PXN, and
the Shinko CHC-445 from Mitsubishi.

Thanks.

	-Kirk

--
Kirk Thege				Electronics Research Lab
ucbvax!zabriskie!kirk			400A Cory Hall

		Onward...thru the fog

blair@pyro.ei.dupont.com (Grant Bair) (11/07/90)

In article <39326@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> kirk@berkeley.edu writes:
>Sorry if this is the hundredth time someone has asked, but we are going
>to buy a color printer for our Sun systems so I'm soliciting opinions
>and comments from those with more (i.e., > 0) experience than I have.
>Contenders so far are the QMS PostScript30i, Tektronix 4693PXN, and
>the Shinko CHC-445 from Mitsubishi.

The DuPont 4CAST LINK springs to mind. 32 bits of color in 12" X 17" at
300 dpi. What more could you want. Just hangs off your ethernet network.
Call 1-800-542-1483 or write:

DuPont Electronic Imaging Systems
Bellevue Park Corporate Center
300 Bellevue Parkway, Suite 390