[comp.periphs.printers] HP Laserjet Reference Book

bdf@cbnewsc.att.com (blaine.d.fischer) (11/27/90)

Does anyone know if there exists a book on the HP Laserjet Series II
similar to the "Inside the IBM PC" books. I'm interested in the internals
of how the printer works.

Thanks
Blaine Fischer
AT&T Bell Laboratories

sichermn@beach.csulb.edu (Jeff Sicherman) (11/28/90)

In article <1990Nov27.135943.12745@cbnewsc.att.com> bdf@cbnewsc.att.com (blaine.d.fischer) writes:

>Does anyone know if there exists a book on the HP Laserjet Series II
>similar to the "Inside the IBM PC" books. I'm interested in the internals
>of how the printer works.
>

>Thanks
>Blaine Fischer
>AT&T Bell Laboratories

  Do you mean programming, firmware, or the laser engine itself. Since
the machines innards are esesentially inaccessible, unlike the PC, I
doubt there is a mass market for such books. If you are truly after
the 'inside story' might be better off looking through professional
journals and references libraries under the subject, esp optics. If
you have just a general interest, PC magazine did an article a while
ago which had a basic description of how a laser printer works. I've
got an index around here somewhere ... reply if you need to know ?

Jeff Sicherman
up the net without a .sig