[net.micro] Exidy I/O

miller@uiucdcs.UUCP (07/08/83)

#N:uiucdcs:10400074:000:430
uiucdcs!miller    Jul  7 16:06:00 1983

A friend of mine has a Socerer computer made by Exidy.  He is trying to get
some modem software he has to work correctly.  Unfortunately, the documenta-
tion that comes with the machine leaves a lot to be desired.  We know the
serial I/O port is in hex addr FC and the control port in addr FD.  Our
question is, which bits in the control port are used for what?  Any help of
any amount will be appreciated greatly.
uiucdcs!miller

charles1@garfield.UUCP (Charles Loader) (07/11/83)

Subject: Exidy I/O--reply to miller
Newsgroups: net.micro
>From C. E. Loader (charles1)

The Exidy Sorcerer can work just fine as a  terminal.  There
are a few problems though.

     First you need to know  what  monitor  ROM  is  in  the
machine.  The 1.0 ROM will not work with the cpm Modem-7 (?)
software. The serial RS232 port does not work properly. How-
ever,  the 1.0 ROM machine will work with the Smart Terminal
software that was sold by Quality Software. (As far as I can
tell that software works very well with UNIX.)

     If the machine has the 1.1 or later ROM it should  work
with the cpm Modem-7 software. There are people here who use
it. I suspect any problem you have had is concerned with the
monitor  ROM.  Apart  from  that  the connections are fairly
standard.  Contact me  if  you  need  more  information....I
might be able to help.