[comp.periphs.printers] HP Paintjet III with a bird

adus13@jetson.uh.edu (03/19/91)

Here's one for all of you HP Paintjet III people.  Have any of you ever run
across a Paintjet III with a bird?  One of my users called to say that her
HP sounded like it had a bird chirping inside it.  Naturally, by the time we
got there it had quit.  If this user wasn't normally reliable and
knowledgeable, I chalk it up to user-error.  She says that they usually leave
the machine on all the time, but they turned it off when the bird appeared.
When they turned it back on it was behaving itself.  What could be getting hot
and chirping?  Any ideas?  (The printer is in an 'open' area so the sound could
have been present for a while at a lower level and no one may have noticed).

--
Just remember, the light at the end of the tunnel
may be an oncoming dragon!

pavlov@canisius.UUCP (Greg Pavlov) (03/22/91)

In article <8826.27e6014c@jetson.uh.edu>, adus13@jetson.uh.edu writes:
> Here's one for all of you HP Paintjet III people.  Have any of you ever run
> across a Paintjet III with a bird?  One of my users called to say that her
> HP sounded like it had a bird chirping inside it.  ....

  We encountered the same problem with an HP LaserJet IID.  A thorough cleaning
  took care of the problem...

   greg pavlov,
   pavlov@stewart.fstrf.org