[comp.periphs.printers] Deskjet cartridge refilling: Don't use Pelikan Z inks

dchien@boole.seas.ucla.edu (David H. Chien/) (03/14/91)

     After refilling a HP Deskjet cartridge with PELIKAN Z INK for
fountain pens, I found that the ink is TOO WATERY to print. The ink
MERELY BEADS on the nozzle head before mesily dripping into the printer.
     I have used SCRIPTS INK that comes in a yellow box, and it
WORKS well as refill ink.  I get 2-3 refills from a $2.50 bottle.

--david chien---dchien@boole.seas.ucla.edu

kwkyan01@uctvax.uct.ac.za (03/25/91)

In article <2188@lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU>, dchien@boole.seas.ucla.edu (David H. Chien/) writes:
>      After refilling a HP Deskjet cartridge with PELIKAN Z INK for
> fountain pens, I found that the ink is TOO WATERY to print. The ink
> MERELY BEADS on the nozzle head before mesily dripping into the printer.
>      I have used SCRIPTS INK that comes in a yellow box, and it
> WORKS well as refill ink.  I get 2-3 refills from a $2.50 bottle.
>
> --david chien---dchien@boole.seas.ucla.edu

Does anybody know any refill (for the Deskjet 500) that will prevent
smudging, just like the HP new deskjet cartridge ?

--Yann KWOK---kwkyan01@uctvax.uct.ac.za