[comp.periphs.printers] WP Corp net address

andy@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Andy Gray) (03/23/91)

In article <69280005@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com> martinka@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com (Joe Martinka) writes:

>I checked around on some of their other support numbers and asked if any of
>the WordPerfect support people monitor the net.  They said they monitor
>their own bulletin board system.  Too bad. :-<

I have a BITNET address for WP Corp that I pulled off of the net some time
back.  It's:

	WPCorp@BYUVAX.BITNET

I can't guarantee its usefulness, since I've never used it, but there you
go...

					-- Andy

      Andy Gray                     andy@jarthur.claremont.edu
      Platt Campus Center           andy@jarthur.UUCP
      Harvey Mudd College           ...uunet!jarthur!andy
      Claremont, CA  91711          agray@HMCVAX.BITNET

mark@hpcpbla.HP.COM (Mark Simms) (03/27/91)

>>The inkjet printers all support compression on graphics.  The laserjets
>>don't.  So laserjet applications don't run on the inkjets as fast as
>>they could.

Just to clear up a possible misunderstanding:

The DeskJet printers all support compression on graphics.
Not all LaserJets support compressin on graphics.

LaserJet II and III printers support compression.  LaserJet I printers
do not.

Mark Simms

Please note that I have no connection with Hewlett Packard's printer
business, other than as a user of their products
Opinions expressed are my own and are not intended to be an official
statement by Hewlett-Packard Company
Name:         Mark Simms
Profession:   Software Engineer
Occupation:   Research and Development
Unix-mail:    mark%hpcpbla@hplb.hpl.hp.com

tony@sdd.hp.com (Tony Parkhurst) (03/28/91)

|> Just to clear up a possible misunderstanding:

|> The DeskJet printers all support compression on graphics.
|> Not all LaserJets support compressin on graphics.

|> LaserJet II and III printers support compression.  LaserJet I printers
|> do not.

Rather, LaserJet IIP supports modes 1 and 2 compression.  LaserJet III
supports modes 1, 2 and 3.  None of the other LaserJet II series support
compression.

PaintJet supports 1.  PaintJet XL supports 1, 2 and 3.

Mode 0 (uncompressed) is of course supported by all.

-- Tony
--
		Tony Parkhurst	( tony@sdd.HP.COM )

"free people need no drug laws" -- James A. Parker