[net.music] Tongues of Truth/Grodes/Let's Talk About Girls

ebm@ucbingres.ARPA (Grady Toss) (08/23/85)

In article <995@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> wjnz@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (James Cooper) writes:

>Also, if you have never heard the Tongues of Truth's version of Let's Talk
>About Girls, it is not nearly as good as the Chocolate Watchband's version.
>
>   James Cooper

I don't agree.  The Watchband's *cover* of this song fits better into the
LA punk/psych/Sunset Strip sound... but the original version, taken in the
context of the band's other music, is just as good in its own way.

There is a great compilation of The Tongues of Truth/The Grodes (the same
band actually, there was a quick name change for the issue of Let's Talk
About Girls) on the Voxx label (``It's the NOW sound, it's what's happening!'')

... gt