[comp.periphs.printers] IIIP ??

wct1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William C Tom) (04/27/91)

Rumour has it that HP has a "personal" version of its LaserJet III
printer in the works.  Does any one have any details on this such as
price and date of availability?

charlies@hpnmdla.hp.com (Charlie Sallberg) (05/01/91)

 It was announced on April 29, the HP LaserJet IIIP, four pages per
 minute, with Resolution Enhancement, HP PCL 5 printer language, etc.

 There was a typo on the price in the report I just saw, but I
 think the list price is $1,595.

 Note: I do not work for the printer part of HP, I'm just a printer user.
 Charlie

ronw@gvlf2.gvl.unisys.com (Ron Wagner) (05/03/91)

In article <8290004@hpnmdla.hp.com> charlies@hpnmdla.hp.com (Charlie Sallberg) writes:

> It was announced on April 29, the HP LaserJet IIIP, four pages per
> minute, with Resolution Enhancement, HP PCL 5 printer language, etc.
>
> There was a typo on the price in the report I just saw, but I
> think the list price is $1,595.
>
> Note: I do not work for the printer part of HP, I'm just a printer user.
> Charlie

Yesterday, I got a price quote from an HP dealer in Delaware.  His price for
the IIIP is $1150.  He did not know if HP would have any introductory
package deal like they did for the IIP.  He will get back to me later.
He also has the IIP on sale for $799.