[comp.periphs.printers] GSX-140 DM printer, mixed fonts, etc.

sanford@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (SanfyBabes) (05/18/91)

	Is it possible to use proportional printing while keeping the left
AND right justification in a word processor, say, Excellence 2.0? It seems that
it only justifies correctly to the right when choosing non-proportional mode.
	Also, is there a way to mix the letter quality fonts within the same
document on the same page?
	One more thing: is there a Pagestream compatible printer driver that can
output 360*360dpi on epson compatibles, like the standard EpsonQPlus driver
available on PD?

	(BTW: this is for an Amiga 500 set-up)
					Thanks in advance.

redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) (05/20/91)

In article <1991May18.045728.28716@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU> sanford@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (SanfyBabes) writes:

 >	Is it possible to use proportional printing while keeping the left
 >AND right justification in a word processor, say, Excellence 2.0?
 >It seems that
 >it only justifies correctly to the right when choosing non-proportional mode.
 >	Also, is there a way to mix the letter quality fonts within the same
 >document on the same page?
 >	One more thing:is there a Pagestream compatible printer driver that can
 >output 360*360dpi on epson compatibles, like the standard EpsonQPlus driver
 >available on PD?
 >
 >	(BTW: this is for an Amiga 500 set-up)

    I tried to e-mail a reply, but my mailer couldn't manage it :-(

  I think your problem lies either in your word processor, or in the
printer driver.  I use a GSX-140 with ProText (on an ST, but Amiga
versions of ProText are available), and it correctly right and left
justifies proportional print.  (It does it by micro-spacing - ie. it
makes the spaces between words exactly the same size to within one dot
(one 360th of an inch).

  It even correctly justifies with mixed fonts, double width,
condensed, 15 pitch, etc. all jumbled up on the same line.

  Sorry - I don't know about pagestream.

                              Red/.