[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Tool-Tool, "Prototyper"

c9c-dk@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU (Class Account) (02/29/88)

   Have you seen "Prototyper" from Smethers-Barnes?  It is a resource editor
that generates code (LSC, LSP, MPW C & Pascal, and some others).  I saw a demo
of it at MacWorld Expo and was generally impressed.  It can create menus,
windows, dialog boxes, icons, buttons, scroll bars, and other controls, and
then generate their respective code segments.  I played around with it, but
I do not own it, so treat this opinion as such.  The interface is clean and
simple, and creation of things is simpler than ResEdit.  It could be a product
to watch.  I am working on a project now and have done nearly all of the
interface, so I do not need the program just yet, but I am very interested in
it.  Does anyone have experience with "Prototyper".

		Bruce Burkhalter

west@bnrmtv.UUCP (andrew west) (03/01/88)

In article <1087@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu>, c9c-dk@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU (Class Account) writes:

>    Have you seen "Prototyper" from Smethers-Barnes?  It is a resource editor
> that generates code (LSC, LSP, MPW C & Pascal, and some others).  I saw a demo
> of it at MacWorld Expo and was generally impressed.  It can create menus,
> it.  Does anyone have experience with "Prototyper".
>
> 		Bruce Burkhalter

The version of Prototyper that I have seen (1.0 I believe) does *not*
support any versions of C, Lightspeed or otherwise.  It can be used
for prototyping the user interface, but if you want to generate source
code, you must choose between Pascal--MPW, Lightspeed, Turbo or TML.

					 Andrew West
		     {amdahl, hplabs} ...!bnrmtv!west